late night venues

aesthete

I knew that Purachai has been extremely popular with the conservative middle class. However, he was after the prostitution and wanted to clean the country's image. This time - as I stated - it is just about early closing. Don't see the direct link between going out late and moral. If you would be right, they should go against the massage parlours, karaoke places and gogo bars first. Such actions will rather provide them with an image of cleaning up the city.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Image is everything, even when it's an unpopular corrupt bunch of idiots...

This collection of hypocrites will pander to some, alienate others, manipulate most.

Do you really think they give a damn about foreigners and tourism? Anyway, they want 'quality' tourists remember?

This is a highly nationalistic/xenophobic nation, the elite being the worst of them. All of it is bullshit. Do you think the 'elite' don't drink/smoke/have licentious liaisons? By now everyone should realise a double standard exists, tell the public, don't do 'this' and 'that'...bring in laws to support your publically espoused diatribe, then do whatever you want whilst the simpleminded lap it all up...and feel self righteous and justified.

Where are all these puritans coming from? All seem to be either new or strangers indicating a reserve persona set up some time ago in case of banning.

Bloody Hell!

Are we gonna have to start a new board for Sanuk and abandon this one to do-gooders?

Jesus Wept!

Coss

Gonna Smoke and Drink and Have Sex and Enjoy Good Company and Good Food until whatever hour and avoid the puritans like the plague.

Dude what are you talking about? Puritan? Do-gooder? All that over the top stuff in that smoking thread has nothing to do with this guy's question. This got back on topic, which is good. That's what I was saying. I don't give a rat's ass about smokers in bars. I don't smoke, so it doesn't affect me. If people smoke, it doesn't really bother me. If you get arrested for smoking, it also doesn't affect me. ;-)

And what's this about a 'reserve persona'? It's entertaining the way you make this stuff up and are so convinced it has some connection to reality. I've never posted here under any other name. How old is this ID? I don't even remember, but I guess you bothered to check. ;-) I posted on the previous nanaplaza board, I think under this same name but maybe a diff one, can't remember.

Anyway, I say let's drop it and let these guys talk about late-nite venues.

No personal attack, just how I feel about sharing information about illegal activities with someone who has proclaimed himself the "police" with regards to some laws, instead of just living and let living as what has made LoS so tolerable over these years. IMHO, without the lazziez faire attitude, LoS is just another third world shithole.

How should I know? He may just think that afterhours bars are evil and whatnot. *I'm* not willing to take the chance of a) getting my favs shutdown or B) getting caught in a raid when drinking afterhours. YMMV.

Regards,

SD

The whole board is about illegal activities. Carry on. Forget about the smoking thread, or else go back there and post about it more. If you're serious about what you said in the last paragraph, you're being paranoid. They're not going to change the policy of Thailand's late night venues based upon what you SuaDum write in this thread. C'mon.

It is the typical conservative middle class who are the audience for the measures. The payoffs for the Bangkokians, if you will. The Issanites get the *promises* of riches, and the Bangkokians get the promise of a moral place to live.

But I thought these guys were unpopular in Bangkok? I'm outside Thailand, only follow Thai politics a bit. Where I come from, Republicans would never stir things up in, say, San Francisco in order to pander to voters there when they're just gonna get trounced by the Democrats in every election in SF anyway. I don't get it.

Where are all these puritans coming from? All seem to be either new or strangers indicating a reserve persona set up some time ago in case of banning.

Bloody Hell!

Are we gonna have to start a new board for Sanuk and abandon this one to do-gooders?

Jesus Wept!

Coss

Gonna Smoke and Drink and Have Sex and Enjoy Good Company and Good Food until whatever hour and avoid the puritans like the plague.

Dude what are you talking about? Puritan? Do-gooder? All that over the top stuff in that smoking thread has nothing to do with this guy's question. This got back on topic' date=' which is good. That's what I was saying. I don't give a rat's ass about smokers in bars. I don't smoke, so it doesn't affect me. If people smoke, it doesn't really bother me. If you get arrested for smoking, it also doesn't affect me. ;-)

And what's this about a 'reserve persona'? It's entertaining the way you make this stuff up and are so convinced it has some connection to reality. I've never posted here under any other name. How old is this ID? I don't even remember, but I guess you bothered to check. ;-) I posted on the previous nanaplaza board, I think under this same name but maybe a diff one, can't remember.

Anyway, I say let's drop it and let these guys talk about late-nite venues.

[/quote']

Sorry, general comment, not addressed to you personally.

Cheers

Coss

Archived