Gere sees Olympics boycott if China mishandles Tibet

Flashermac

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I realise there's an election campaign and people like yourself are getting excited; particularly, I suppose, because your chosen candidate is looking a bit wobbly in the polls. Is McCain your personal choice? A lot of Republicans weren't keen on him earlier. Maybe he's "imperfectly capitalist"?

McCain was not my first, second, or even third choice among the Republicans who ran in the primaries this time. (That would have been Fred, Mitt, and Rudy respectively, btw.) I don't trust McCain, I don't like him personally, I disagree with him on several major issues, and I expect he'll be a mediocre President at best. That said, I strongly prefer him to either Obama or Clinton so what can one do? I'll vote McCain and hope for the best.

As for the vitriol of my posts, I despise dishonesty and intellectual laziness because of the real harm that comes from ill-motivated or poorly-conceived politics. I do realize that no one here on this forum (or anywhere else for that matter) owes me anything. But at the same time I don't believe that I owe it to others to pretend to respect ideas that I believe are false or harmful. People who think my posts are worthless or annoying are free to ignore them. The owner of this site is free to kick me off anytime. That's enough.

Ha ha, Rogue. That's funny!

:patty:

I suppose by now its an impulsive reaction. Someone posts something you disagree with, and you automatically begin with "Fidel....."!

:beer:

Happy Paddy's Day!

It's called Pavlov's dogs syndrome. You piss someone off often enough and eventually he'll bite you whether it was you that was responsible or not. Som nom nar.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day your self. Personally they can stick their green beer. :patty::barf:

Yes, it's those Brits fault again, they made the Chinese invade Tibet and commit genocide. Damn those brits and their mind control!

...A bit naive and jingoistic to think that irresponsible actions by previous colonial powers has no bearing on today's events.

I'm not Brit bashing. Every country has skeletons in the cupboard. My own country's previous White Australia policy and treatment of Aborigines as sub human I find disgusting.

:beer:

I realise there's an election campaign and people like yourself are getting excited; particularly' date=' I suppose, because your chosen candidate is looking a bit wobbly in the polls. Is McCain your personal choice? A lot of Republicans weren't keen on him earlier. Maybe he's "imperfectly capitalist"?[/quote']

McCain was not my first, second, or even third choice among the Republicans who ran in the primaries this time. (That would have been Fred, Mitt, and Rudy respectively, btw.) I don't trust McCain, I don't like him personally, I disagree with him on several major issues, and I expect he'll be a mediocre President at best. That said, I strongly prefer him to either Obama or Clinton so what can one do? I'll vote McCain and hope for the best.

As for the vitriol of my posts, I despise dishonesty and intellectual laziness because of the real harm that comes from ill-motivated or poorly-conceived politics. I do realize that no one here on this forum (or anywhere else for that matter) owes me anything. But at the same time I don't believe that I owe it to others to pretend to respect ideas that I believe are false or harmful. People who think my posts are worthless or annoying are free to ignore them. The owner of this site is free to kick me off anytime. That's enough.

My favourite bit;

"As for the vitriol of my posts, I despise dishonesty and intellectual laziness because of the real harm that comes from ill-motivated or poorly-conceived politics."

And you're a republican?

Bawahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

Do you not see the irony in your post? You've been utterly lied to, manipulated and deceived on so many levels, over so many issues, but still you will vote republican. There's never been such an ill-motivated, poorly-conceived administration in US history and you want more from the same bunch? You're a glutton for punishment!

Although to be honest I'm hardly inspired by the democrats either. Once again America has to choose between different flavours of shit, but regardless you're going to get shit.

Archived