Food in Suk Soi 11

MooNoi

Staying in Soi 11 later this week, and have never really explored that soi much - apart from going to Bed Supper Club / Q Bar etc.

What are some recommended eating options down there?

Breakfast's included in the hotel, but are there some decent places for dinner?

Thanks if you can give any info.

Piggy I always stay at the Federal Hotel and the food in their coffee shop is good enough for a quick, cheap meal on the way out but other than that I rarely eat in the street.

I thought the two German/Swiss restaurants on that side were over priced and ordinary so I usually eat in the Italian place directly around the corner to your right on Sukhemvhit. Other than that I go down and eat in Soi 23.

I was staying for a bit with a girl who loves Bed and QBar just recently. The Chilli Culture (not quite sure of the name but it's Chilli something) at the end of Soi 11 is quite good. A bit touristy, kind of like Cabbages and Condoms but good.

Xuan Mai, the Vietnamese place just around the bed (so actually in Soi 13, next but one to Citi Chic hotel) is very good.

Mostly ate street food though, after Bed/QBar. Lots of good cheap street food options at the mouth of Soi 11.

Please tell me that you only go to Bed/QBar if you're dragged there by a girl... Monger hell, I'd say. May as well be back in the West.

Please tell me that you only go to Bed/QBar if you're dragged there by a girl... Monger hell, I'd say. May as well be back in the West.

:yeahthat:

Bibs, I've done Bed 3 times, and Q Bar 4 times, and I just thought it was full of wanna-be-hi-so's every time I was there (both Thai and farangs). I don't have a problem with people who go there and enjoy it, but I can think of better places to go and spend my hard-earned. :smirk:

So no, won't be going there.

However the girl I'm staying with the first 3 days I'm in BKK wants to take me to a club called Santika... apparently it's one of the "in" places at the moment. I had a look at the website and a couple of Youtube clips of the place, and it just looks more of the same. :doah:

Still, I told her that I didn't think it was my scene and she said that she'd pay, so what the heck? Might as well go and have a look.

Oh.. Bibs.. I'll be in BKK March 27 - April 3, then Pattaya April 3 - 17, then BKK again April 17 - 20 so if you want to meet for a drink sometime, PT me. Cheers.

ok, soi 11 have

Rosabieng, thai restaurant with the small train wagon in the garden (the name is the thai word for this wagon, but the transliteration is a bit strange); upscale thai food

Zanzibar: they started as italian restaurant, then changed to thai food and now i think it is some international stuff. upscale as well.

German beerhouse: no further explanation necessary!

Pizzeria Limoncello: one of the better Pizza places in town!

Ah, I got dragged to Santika on my first night back. Much better than Bed or QBar. Full of young hotties (pretties selling stuff and customers) rather than the older over-jaded tarts you find in Bed and QBar. Much younger crowd. In fact, I thought Santika had more hotties than I've seen in RCA. I was quite happy there. :grin:

Archived