Nice family friendly hotel in Jomtien/Pattaya

soongmak

Hi,

I am looking for a nice family friendly hotel around JomtienPattaya. I will head there early April, along with my wife, one year old son and a cousing age 10. My budget is around 2,500 baht a night. Would like to have a pool and a garden where the children can play. Does anybody have a recommendation for me? Thanks!

I stayed at Dynasty Resort last year. The hotel is fine and not very expensive but it is up on the hill between Pattaya and Jomtien. You cannot walk to the main beach of Jomtien or Pattaya from there. Well, you can I suppose, if your family enjoys 1 hour hikes up and down steep hills in steaming hot weather while dodging traffic.

A family friendly hotel in a better location for beach activities would be Jomtien Palm Beach Hotel and Resort

Definitely take your kids to the zoo while in Pattaya. Ripley's Believe it or Not museum on Pattaya is also fun for kids.

The SUNSET VILLAGE BEACH RESORT is located on the southern end of Jomtien close to Bang Surey and Sattahip. It is pretty self contained with very nice bungalows and hotel style rooms. They have their own private beach and a large pool. Though out of the way, there is regular songtaow along Sukhumvit into Jomtien and Pattaya.

Nearby, Bang Surey is a nice fishing village with some great and reasonably priced seafood restaurants on it's pier and along the nearby beach. Some of the beach side restaurants will set tables up on the beach with candlelight.

Close by are the NONG NOOCH TROPICAL GARDENS which are beautiful but quite expensive to enter.

Much more interesting is the large Chinese-Thai temple complex, WAT YANG SANG WARASAM on the other side of Sukhumvit. On the grounds is a beautiful Chinese-Thai Museum built to commemorate the kings 50th anniversary. It is filled with an amazing assortment of genuine ancient artifacts, battle gear and even some miniture charriots from the famous excavations in China. If you do go, make sure to go to the upper level terrace with a great collection of martial arts figures. (bring along a pair of socks, the terrace gets really hot on bare feet.)

Also nearby is a mountain carved in half vertically with an enormous Buddah face inlaid into the stone. Next to that is a new Thai winery that gives tours and tastings.

For the kids, UNDERWATER WORLD on SUKHUMVIT is small but very well done, a great collection of rays and some sharks gliding overhead as you walk thru a transparent tunnel.

Archived