Protests mark Playboy magazine launch

Julian2

Link

US adult magazine Playboy has launched its first Philippine edition, triggering protests from the country's Catholic Church, but promising to avoid full-frontal nudity.

The local issue plans to be tamer than other editions sold across the world and will seek to avoid offending local sensibilities, editor-in-chief Beting Laygo Dolor said.

"The Philippine edition has been adjusted to our culture, including the fact that we are a predominantly Catholic country and a little more conservative,'' Mr Dolor said.

While flesh will be featured, "there will not be full frontal nudity'', Dolor said,.

"We are targeting a different demographic - the slightly mature, more upscale men,'' Dolor said.

Yeah well, the PI is full of them. :smirk:

"We are targeting a different demographic - the slightly mature' date=' more upscale men[/b'],'' Dolor said.

Yeah well, the PI is full of them. :smirk:

Yea all of them? Wow, thats a lot!

It's the Spanish heritage, if you can wake one up for long enough you'll see maturity and upscaleness like you wouldn't believe.

In the interests of board harmony I won't make any remarks about it being a former American colony. :neener:

All Filipinos are High so! Just ask them! they will have an elite title for their job and boast of their position and what they have. Hence, the magazine is aimed at all of them.

Filipino men fall into 3 categories: 1)the drunken lazy good for nothing type who drink, smoke, gamble and chase women, and could care less about their families 2)Totally pussy whipped guys who "wear the skirt" and do as they are told, and then the third group who appear pussy whipped, play along pretending to listen to their wives, then get some free time with their "Barcadda barcadda" and go and drink smoke, gamble and chase pussy.

-> What is the interest in buying playboy when you are in Thailand?

:neener:

I was offended by Playboy when I went with a BG in Prague who claimed having made the front page cover of the local edition when in fact she was only on one of the pages.......

-> still I can say I shagged a playboy girl (which is no feat especially if you go to amsterdam or poseidon MP.......)

:neener:

Archived