One Terabyte Hardrive ?

yfs

Edit - I see Kamui beat me to it, but I tried to do the math. Kamui, it's already late in germany. Go to bed... :sleeping: - Edit

Formatted the disk may hold around 900GB.

Audio CDs compressed to mp3 are about 90MB (depending on compression and length of disc).

roughly 10.000 Audio CDs when compressed as mp3 or at least 1.200 Audio CDs as uncompressed wav files (up to 700MB per CD).

Price wise I'd go for a 750GB disk instead of one Terrabyte.

Personally I prefer two smaller disks to a big one. Costs are a bit higher but I have the option to save backups of important data on a physically different drive. Saved my sanity more than once.

Edit - I see Kamui beat me to it, but I tried to do the math. Kamui, it's already late in germany. Go to bed... :sleeping: - Edit

Formatted the disk may hold around 900GB.

Audio CDs compressed to mp3 are about 90MB (depending on compression and length of disc).

roughly 10.000 Audio CDs when compressed as mp3 or at least 1.200 Audio CDs as uncompressed wav files (up to 700MB per CD).

Price wise I'd go for a 750GB disk instead of one Terrabyte.

Personally I prefer two smaller disks to a big one. Costs are a bit higher but I have the option to save backups of important data on a physically different drive. Saved my sanity more than once.

I'm thinking about copying all my .aiff cd's, so I can put the cd's away in a closet.

Archived