China denounces European parliament over Tibet

Flashermac

I base facts on personal experiences not second hand crap I read online. If you want to believe what you read it shows how much you are controlled by western media.

Experience is Experience, go and work / live there and then I will listen to your opinions but don't argue with alledged facts!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mekong:

If you are experienced then you know that if you were to go to China and publish that the dalai lama has more integrity than Hu Jintao, or that the actions of the party in Tibet are not supported by the people, or that human rights are more important in China then the Olympics, there will be negative consequences. Chinese people who make these statements are incarcerated in re-education camps. You can say that you are experienced, but that does not support a conclusion that the Chinese enjoy a free press. The opposite is true and the communists themselves will tell you this if you ask.

I don't understand why so many people want to see Tibet to be 'FREE'. Before the Chinesee took over, the country had slavery. I don't think people want that to be revisited?

This is preposterous. Tibet was previously a feudal society (as was China until recently), but under Communist Chinese occupation the Tibetans became less free, not more so. Moreover, no one is proposing a return to feudalism so the whole point is moot and a deliberate obfuscation of the real issues.

And most people could care less about Tibet especially with its non-Christian beliefs.

Nonsense. Tibetan Buddhism and Buddhism in general are perfectly well respected in many countries including throughout the West. On the eve of the San Francisco torch relay Richard Gere read aloud a message to the Tibetan demonstrators from the Dalai Lama. In this message the Dalai Lama pointed out that the reason that Tibet enjoyed the love and support that it does is due to admiration by Westerners of Tibetan culture and particularly Buddhism and their non-violent approach. For this reason, the Dalai Lama said, Tibetans should remain non-violent in the face of Chinese provocation. I believe the Dalai Lama is absolutely correct about Western respect for Tibetan Culture. He won the Nobel Prize for a reason after all.

Archived