China denounces European parliament over Tibet

Flashermac

BEIJING (Reuters) - China has denounced the European Parliament's call to boycott the opening ceremony of the Summer Olympics if Beijing does not start talks with the Dalai Lama about Tibet.

The denunciation was China's latest unyielding response to foreign criticism after unrest in Tibet, and used language very similar to Beijing's condemnation a day earlier of a resolution by U.S. lawmakers that urged an end to a crackdown in Tibet.

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman [color:red]Jiang Yu said the European parliamentarians had "rudely interfered in China's internal affairs", "seriously hurt the feelings of the Chinese people"[/color] and "confounded black and white", Xinhua news agency reported on Saturday.

Next time ... the Pyongyang Olympics!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Chinese Govt will begin to orchestrate Pro China demonstrations around the world like they had here yesterday.

http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=-3994449356681569900&q=demonstration+%2B+sydney&total=212&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2&hl=en-AU

Apparently no shortage of Chinese media here to record it.

Seems you can be Chinese and demonstrate just as long as you don't do it in China.

Tell 'em if they love China so much to get their arse back there. On my mother's side I'm only a couple of generations away from England and Germany. You don't see me out waving the UK or the German flag, do you? So tell the Chinese-[whatevers] to shut the fahk up.

I'm amazed they are surprised by it. Just tunnel vision? Did they really believe they can do anything they want politically, and it would be kept separate from the Olympics. The modern Olympics have always been political.

If the Olympics were to be held in the US right now, I would expect there to be some protests over Iraq.

Tell 'em if they love China so much to get their arse back there. On my mother's side I'm only a couple of generations away from England and Germany. You don't see me out waving the UK or the German flag, do you? So tell the Chinese-[whatevers] to shut the fahk up.

At the San Francisco Olympic torch (faux) relay there were knots of Chinese waving huge Chinese flags and singing the Chinese national anthem. I consider such folks to be ignorant, ungrateful, racist scum. For all of the stereotyping of "ugly Americans" I have never in thirty years of overseas travel witnessed or heard of Americans abroad doing anything like this in type or scale. I've never even heard leftists claim that Americans do this which really tells you something!

I was in the States when Hong Kong was turned over to the PRC. The local paper interviewed a Chinese immigrant family who had come to the US from HK. The moron papa was snickering and openly mocking the tears in Prince Charles' eyes as the Union flag was lowered for the last time. The old Chinaman obviously thought it was hilarious and absolutely wonderful that the PRC got its hands on HK (which had only been a rock with a fishing village when China had it).

Now get this. The fella was himself a refugee from the PRC and had managed to slip into HK, from which he eventually managed to emigrate to the US. Did the shitehead ever consider that if HK hadn't been British, he'd still be stuck in the PRC? Is it too much to expect him to be perhaps a wee bit grateful to the UK for making it possible for him to come to the States and live well?

Apparently, it is.

Archived