Cost of taxi from airport to Suk ?

gobbledonk

OK, I know this is a pretty mundane question, but I got ripped off at KLIA, and am keen to avoid the same fate at the new BKK intl airport. Assuming one passenger from airport to Soi Cowboy, can someone pls give me a rough upper estimate (arriving early afternoon tomorrow, so we can assume the traffic will be hideous ...).

Any assistance greatly appreciated as always :)

Ta,

Gobble

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually allow 300 with the airport fee and the tolls plus a tip. I tend to arrive late (9.30pm) though but if the taxi sticks to the tollways it shouldn't be too bad.

Make sure you get the cab from the little booth that issues the tickets rather than a tout.

I just went to the airport this morning from Soi 93 Sukhumvit and it cost 135 baht + tip (gave the guy 200 baht).

From the ranch, I have the taxi go down On Nut road all the way to the airport, about 20 Km and early morning 4 AM, we fly along at 80 ~ 90 Km, so a quick ride.

Thanks, guys - as always, NP members rock when it comes to giving timely advice : guidebooks are so woefully out of date and its often difficult to tell if someone posting on another forum knew if they were getting taken for a ride or not. Clearly, allowing 400 THB should be plenty - in comparison, I paid the equivalent of 2500 THB for my intro to capitalism in Malaysia : I was just so buggered that the thought of haggling when I needed to travel 75 km to my hotel seemed like a waste of time. That changed when I was told that it was usually 900-1500 tops (90-150 MYR). 100 MYR may only be 34 Aussie dollars, but its the principle of the thing.

The Aussie dollar is strong at the moment and I went a little crazy in the first few days, till I realised that I had to start treating those 50 MYR notes with the same respect the locals did - lets hope I can do the same with my 500 baht notes over the next week in BKK :smirk:

Thanks again,

Gobble

go up to departure area...hop in cab which just dropped passengers of...they'll go on meter...don't forget to tip Bt20 as that's what they have to pay in "fines" to traffic cop for picking you up...total fare should be well under Bt300...

as for getting ripped off at klia...why take a cab in the first place...their rail-link is most excellent and very likely faster too...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone ever tried taking a taxi going from the Suvarnabhumi Airport to On Nut BTS (the closest BTS to the Airport at this time) and then taking the skytrain to their final destination?

I just thought about this given I am arriving in Bangkok around Noon and I know the traffic is going to suck.

I keep seeing posts about people only paying around 300 Baht from Suvarnabhumi Airport to the Nana/Soi Cowboy area. I have never paid as little as 300 Baht when the taxi drivers are using the meters! They must be taking the scenic route!

I always set a price before climbing into the taxi.

Any thoughts?

Archived