Cost of taxi from airport to Suk ?

gobbledonk

Depends how far you hotel is fro the BTS and how much you have to carry.

A question to put it into perspective - what is the mode of transport and cost getting fro your home to your airport in Farang land?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I keep seeing posts about people only paying around 300 Baht from Suvarnabhumi Airport to the Nana/Soi Cowboy area. I have never paid as little as 300 Baht when the taxi drivers are using the meters! They must be taking the scenic route!

I always set a price before climbing into the taxi.

Any thoughts?

Taxi man lub U too mutt!!!!! I mean...you can nail the right fare without the meter and you do not live here...amazing.

So you are wrong. And tourist wrong *always* is in err towards the high side. Anywhere.

So you are hansum man, with too mutt money to spend.

Congrats.

Cheers,

SD -- you asked...

I keep seeing posts about people only paying around 300 Baht from Suvarnabhumi Airport to the Nana/Soi Cowboy area. I have never paid as little as 300 Baht when the taxi drivers are using the meters! They must be taking the scenic route!

Any thoughts?

Taxi man lub U too mutt!!!!! I mean...you can nail the right fare without the meter and you do not live here...amazing.

So you are wrong. And tourist wrong *always* is in err towards the high side. Anywhere.

So you are hansum man, with too mutt money to spend.

Congrats.

Cheers,

SD -- you asked...

Incredible......

300 Baht: How far could I go with a taxi anywhere in

France, Ireland, Belgium or Spain???

Definitely not far....

(last week end went from my flat to the airport

-> cost me about 2500 Baht)

What is the point of going to Thailand, pay a

(now expensive) air ticket then being a penny pincher for a few euros? (while spending far more on prostitutes)

I need to clarify my post. Currently, I only set the price going from Nana Hotel to the new airport. Although, I know I could set the price if I wanted to from any familiar destination. It is one of my gifts from God. :rotfl:

But yes, I am a cheap skate in some areas of my life. Just ask some of my former girlfriends. I have gotten reamed from more than one taxi driver in the USA and abroad. When I catch a cab in the USA where I live, I tell them turn by turn how to arrive at my destination. The taxi drivers tell me they appreciate this. But I guess I am a control freak.

Here is classic with a Thailand driver trying to rip me off. A Thai friend said she could find me a good taxi rate from Bangkok to Pattaya because her friend's father owns a couple of cabs. She said a taxi driver offered to take me to Pattaya for 1800 Baht! What's up with trying to cheat me out of at least 600 Baht! I was born at night, but not last night. 600 Baht is a lot of money for Thai people-in relative terms.

I have no cheap skate guilt. I spend about $3,000 American dollars on my two week Bangkok trips. For the amount of money I pour into the Thai economy, I should get a free taxi ride from and to the airport.

Plus, I love the skytrain. I hate sitting in a taxi in a traffic jam; it drives me nuts.

Where I live in America they have a set price taxi drivers must charge to take someone to the airport from a downtown area. This is fair. This is also a common practice around military bases where troops get ripped off left and right.

Anyway, this will be a none issue come 2009 when they have the BTS go to the new airport.

It might work like this in some part of the USA

(never where I was though)

but the rest of the world is not the USA....

600 bht: Yes for some Thais it is a lot of money, for others it is not.

3000$ only give you the right to choose what to do with them and where to go, it can hardly be considered as a big incentive to the Thai economy.

Anyway, if I spend 8K on a 2 weeks trip then I consider arguing for 50 bht something despicable.

Any thoughts?

My thoughts are that the above 'set a price before climbing into taxi' is the reason you are overcharged.

Please stop doing it, especially around town.

Really annoys the motorists stuck behind the taxi while muggins is sticking his head in the taxi window requesting if tha taxi can take you somewhere.

It's a taxi. With a meter.

Get in, tell where to go.

Any problem/bullshit get out and get in the next taxi, in approx 10secs time.

cripes.

...A taxi "from" the Airport to Suk....normally costs me around 550 Bt....

BECAUSE....."She" is already in it....and has come from Suk.....meets me in the middle lane of Departures....and the same Taxi takes "US" back to Suk

....NO complaints....from ME

LOL

Cheers DS

go up to departure area...hop in cab which just dropped passengers of...they'll go on meter...don't forget to tip Bt20 as that's what they have to pay in "fines" to traffic cop for picking you up...total fare should be well under Bt300...

as for getting ripped off at klia...why take a cab in the first place...their rail-link is most excellent and very likely faster too...

Correct.

We did this on last trip. What we found may be different now or for others. We went to the departures. But had to walk across one section of road/pavement to get to outer road. We did catch a cab. But for us, negotiation had to take place. It was darn hot out there in mid-day.

One advantage was that it was quick. Just got first cab that was there. No one else was attempting this and there were more cabs behind the one we chose. I think we still paid 300 baht. Maybe plus tolls - can't remember. Yes, there is a way without tolls. And we did tip.

One advantage of the Thai Airways direct (cancelled now) flight is that one arrives during the daylight hours. Easier to navigate to the drop off area during daylight hours. This was our first flight to new airport - so getting around was a new experience. I think once one does this a few times, it will be real easy.

I think cab rates have risen of late. I don't know how this will affect final cost/price.

Traffic was aweful.

:wave:

Archived