Cost of taxi from airport to Suk ?

gobbledonk

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya know, I just do not get it. I fly in/out of Swampy several times a month and have since it opened. Arriving at many different times of the day, depending upon where I am coming from. I have *NEVER* had to wait more than five minutes for a taxi at the public taxi queue. Either one; there are two. Usually it is 1-2 minutes. Why would anyone be bothered to do anything else, like shlepping their shit up to departures, crossing several lanes of traffic and trying to hail a passing cab? :dunno: The mind boggles!

Now Don Muang was another story, with 30+ minute waits common, and I have done the departures trick there...

Regards,

SD -- if one is really worried about saving B50, maybe they should just stay home

Old habits die hard, if I'd seen such a post as yours before...

I'd never have hauled great big heavy bags up the f'in escalator, past exit/entrances that are closed because they can be, down to the far end of the floor from where the escalator arrives, past manic taxi touts at the departures drop off, across the traffic to the usual rip off artists.

I am beholden to you, per usual, for demonstrating how common sense can rule the day.

I guess for us infrequent visitors, the prospect of arriving in neverland from months and months of the waste, is so appealing that not only do we obsess, but we have vast amounts of time to obsess on the tiny details that we think may impede our progress to happy land.

166 days 10 hours and 47 minutes to departure.

Cheers

Coss

I very seldom go up to the departure level to catch a taxi. There are (have been) plenty of taxis waiting so you can find one quickly and you do save 50 baht...maybe.

I have had several of the taxi try to not use the meter, ask for a stupid money fare, take a very long and out of the way route...so, I 90% of the time just go to the taxi que on the arrival level and wait the 1 ~ 2 minutes, no big deal, as SD mentioned.

I never found Don Muang a problem for taxis, especially after they introduced the official counter with the Baht 50 on top of the fare charge.

Can't remember the last time I took a taxi though. Always a limo for me these days. :)

I've stood there for 30 mins plus before.. Late at night in the heat, off a flight from London or Sydney and feeling like I'd been drenched in oil, it was a test of strength to not fork out the extra £3 to get to town quickly.

Catch the bus 552 35 baht or walk

Took 554 to Rangsit last month: 34 Baht!

Needed to take flight at Dong Maung, bus dropped me off at overpass, but with luggage advised me to take a taxi at an extra cost of 50 baht

Anyway, why people get into such a fuzz for a simple taxi ride into town? I usually just walk outside arrivals towards one of the two desks and in less than 5 minutes are on my way, just make sure they use the meter.

On my walk to lower level bus stop was hit by several touts "where you go?" even at lower level.

"walk by feet to Dong Muang" I reply in Thai.

500 Baht? they ask then, for walking that far? :yikes:

Can't remember the last time I took a taxi though. Always a limo for me these days. :)

Good call. I usually opt for the limo as well.

I've only bothered to take the taxi once from DM. Total cost was 173 baht. :content:

Archived