Officers Found Not Guilty In Sean Bell Case

Flashermac

Michael Oliver emptied two clips.

[color:red]"I looked at my gun. I didn't know it had any bullets or something was wrong," ."[/color]

he said. [color:red]"I see him lifting his arms. I didn't want to die. I reloaded the gun and I continued to fire, and the shots still are going on around me. I didn't know where they are coming from."[/color]

Oliver said he also fired at the other man in Bell's car.

12bell-2-190.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They will fire enough shots until the Suspect is no longer a threat...does it really matter if he was killed with 50 bullets or 1? Dead is dead. In San Jose (Where cops never seem to be convicted of wrongful death either) a cop shot an Asian woman and killed her...oh yeah, she had a "weapon" which turned out was "an Asian vegetable peeler" and she spoke no English, thus could not understand what the cop was saying.

Cops killing or "over killing" people is nothing new, probably won't stop, unless maybe we really start holding these guys accountable.

<< I reloaded the gun and I continued to fire, and the shots still are going on around me. I didn't know where they are coming from." >>

The guy has vision problems? He heard shots, but didn't seem to notice the [color:red]muzzle flashes were not coming from the car[/color]?

:hmmm:

The guy reminds me of the newbie kid on perimeter guard in VN who held the trigger on his M-60 until the entire 120-round belt ran through. Got the sapper, but burned out the barrel and made the weapon useless. If there had been two sappers, the kid would have been dead.

Round in the chamber is standard procedure. If you run into trouble, you don't want to have to lock and load.

<< After the verdict, the U.S. attorney's office said it will look into the case and "take appropriate action if the evidence indicates a prosecutable violation of federal criminal civil rights statutes."

In addition, relatives of the victims have sued the city, and those cases could either go to trial or be settled out of court with the potential for multimillion-dollar payouts.

Also, the officers, who had been on paid leave, still face possible departmental charges that could result in their firing. [color:red]While the judge found that the officers' behavior was not criminal, he added, "Questions of carelessness and incompetence must be left to other forums."[/color] >>

Link

You would think the court would have questioned the cop who emptied one magazine and then reloaded his gun with another magazine.

As a side thought, this cop was walking around with a round in the chamber. I guess he was expecting or prepared for trouble.

He's not obliged to give evidence in court, in that type of situation he'd be crazy to do anything but sit there and let the prosecution try to prove their case.

Cocked and locked is SOP for experienced officers.

[color:red]"Cocked and locked is SOP for experienced officers."[/color]

This is true for most hand guns, but if this was a glock, there is no "locked". The glocks have internal safeties, no externals. When the NYPD switched to the glock, some of their own officers accidentally shot themselves. Some say the NYPD officers are not the brightest light bulbs on the planet and that is why some sub versions of glocks are made just for NYPD. The major difference is the triggers are stiffen making it resemble a revolver. Some claim the real reason was the original trigger pull was so light that some officers were accidentally shooting when they did not realize it.

Archived