Peacekeepers abusing children

Flashermac

As it was reported in the news here the rapist got 8 years. Can you picture someone raping and murdering an American 14 year old girl getting away with 8 years. Of course I can undersatand if he thought it was unfair. After all the buthchers of My Lai weren't punished at all.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...After all the butchers of My Lai weren't punished..."

Far different environment from peace keepers and aid workers to soldiers in war.

No an excuse by any means, but a totally different environment in a completely different era.

Both extremely sad and shocking cases....my question is, what was learned from My Lai and will it be applied today or do we turn our heads and ignore...

"...After all the butchers of My Lai weren't punished..."

Far different environment from peace keepers and aid workers to soldiers in war.

No an excuse by any means, but a totally different environment in a completely different era.

Both extremely sad and shocking cases....my question is, what was learned from My Lai and will it be applied today or do we turn our heads and ignore...

i don't agree.

Conflict will always bring out the worse in certain people.

no lessons have been learned over many Years,the bad will always commit the bad if given the chance.

and all in the name of fighting for their Country.

it has been said on this Board many times that the Losers face a Court while the Winners get away scot free.

the fact is that many 'enemy' Armies have a habit of filming their actions and fuck up their defence.

you don't see much Film of Allied Soldiers committing War Crimes from WW2 or later.

but atrocities still happen in this Day and age and will continue to do so.

the Brass will never be able to stop it.............

Patton is known to have destroyed evidence of US soldiers killing Italian and German prisoners and civilians in Sicily, plus other obvious war crimes. He said it would harm the war effort, which was more important. The investigators at the Nuremberg trials were also forbidden to look into any alleged Allied war crimes. Unfortunately, that mentality seems to be still with us. Only the losers "commit crimes".

Guest lazyphil

ALHOLK any US crimes such as this get big press and lots of sscrutiny, rightly so. its only right UN peace keepers, aid workers too should be dealt with harshly too.

I would have had them all in jail.

But it is odd, as you can read your statement as condoning the simple firing of the UN / non-American guys as ok.

So you think prison is ok only if it is Americans and not ok if it is anyone else? Amazing.

Where in my post do you se any stateent to that effect. If you want to comment on my posts I suggest that you restrict yourself to what I actually wrote and not what you want to read into them.

ALHOLK any US crimes such as this get big press and lots of sscrutiny, rightly so. its only right UN peace keepers, aid workers too should be dealt with harshly too.

The peace keepers abuse of children got a pretty good coverage in both newspapers and TV here. I'm not saying that they sholdn't be dealt with. My point is that international rules should apply to everyone alike. The yanks are always making excuses when their 'soldiers' are raping, toturing and murdering pople. If the same happens to them their whining will easily reach 25 on richter scale.

Archived