Peacekeepers abusing children

Flashermac

ALHOLK any US crimes such as this get big press and lots of sscrutiny' date=' rightly so. its only right UN peace keepers, aid workers too should be dealt with harshly too.[/quote']

The peace keepers abuse of children got a pretty good coverage in both newspapers and TV here. I'm not saying that they sholdn't be dealt with. My point is that international rules should apply to everyone alike. The yanks are always making excuses when their 'soldiers' are raping, toturing and murdering pople. If the same happens to them their whining will easily reach 25 on richter scale.

But that is not true. I can not speak to Vietnam but for the past 20 years or so, every credible charge has been investigated and every one taken to task. And all almost immediately. (Just ask CNN!) Even the guy that threw the (apparently now fake) puppy has been charged as has the moron that was flushing korans in the toilet in Getmo. If you do not like the courts' marshal decisions on who gets charged or not, then I suggest you go to law school and go to Lejeaune and volunteer to take on the case.

You talk as if none of them have been and dismiss that the UN guys only got sacked, if anything. Is that what you are defending?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say your comparison of the UN crazies to the "yanks" that were actually charged and hauled before a court is almost tacit approval of the mere sacking the UN blokes received.

I mean why else would you have brought the "yanks" up in the first place? Especially since this incident had nothing to do with "yank" personnel.

Corinthian...you need to discount anything Alky says here about the U.S. He is one of the most anti-U.S. posters on the board. He would die a thousand deaths before he said anything good about the U.S. Pity him, for he comes from a country that lost any relevance in the universe 600 years ago. Penis envy to the extreme.

HH

Your right H.

My point is he could just as easily have brought up those US rapists by saying, "I hope that the superior legal system that bought those "yanks" to a trial gets those UN buggers." But you are right, he would never say that no matter how true it is.

And that is what kills me. Anyone in the US Military that gets caught doing anything like that gets hung from a yard arm by the press and then hauled before the general and the court and made to suffer. The UN gives them the sack and he has the balls to say the US should do more???

The yanks are always making excuses when their 'soldiers' are raping' date=' toturing and murdering pople. [/quote']

False. And why the quotation marks?

I'm guessing that the 'brackets' were referring to 'contractors'.

There are many groups that ALHOLK disapproves of. I'm afraid that you're just going to have to take a number, have a seat and wait your turn this time. :p

If that is who he was referring to, then sadly he would be correct. While the actual US military does police its own (and while that's good, I hardly think it appropriate to give kudos for simply doing what they are supposed to do), our mercenaries do not: http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4027734&page=1 and http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2008/01/gop-lawmaker-pr.html and their boss (our government) does not press them to do so.

Cheers,

SD

Anyone in the US Military that gets caught doing anything like that gets hung from a yard arm by the press and then hauled before the general and the court and made to suffer.

And maybe that is the problem...."caught" being the operative word

Not directed at any particular group but as was mentioned in the OP the problem is so much goes unreported. Origin of the perpetrator is irrelevant

"Pakistani peacekeepers."

Now I've heard it all.

That's pretty bloody racist, yam. I've met some of these guys, and the ones I've met are nice people, and professional.

What would be really funny is the concept of an AMERICAN peacekeeper!

Regarding the issue of punishment for US military personnel, how about Haditha?

The Haditha killings (also called the Haditha incident or the Haditha massacre) refers to the incident where 24 Iraqi men, women and children were killed on November 19, 2005 in Haditha, a city in the western Iraq province of Al Anbar.

Unfortunately they couldn't bury this one, so they charged some Marines with a range of crimes.

The outcome?

On April 17, 2007, the Marine Corps dropped all charges against Sgt. Sanick P. Dela Cruz in exchange for his testimony. Seven other Marines involved in the incident have also been granted immunity.

On August 9, 2007, all charges against Lance Cpl. Justin Sharratt and Capt. Randy Stone were dropped.On October 19th, Lance Cpl. Justin Sharratt's commanding officer decided the charges should be lowered to involuntary manslaughter, reckless endangerment and aggravated assault..

On September 18, 2007, all charges against Captain Lucas McConnell were dropped in exchange for immunity and his cooperation with the investigation.

On March 28, 2008, all charges against LCpl. Stephen Tatum were dropped.

Archived