Peacekeepers abusing children

Flashermac

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

had it been....'US troops rape iraqis' we'd have many tirades against the USA. i see very little condemnation of UN peacekeepers here only referal to US poor behaviour in vietnam/mai lai etc.

how do tin pot militias buy multi million pound jet fighters by the way?

They don't and I would be more than happy for you to demonstrate where and when they have. I wonder how much you really know about East Timor.... :hmmm:

Guest lazyphil

i dont proffess to be an expert on east timor, and have never claimed to be. i just recalled reading the british sold jet fighters to indonesia in the past and these weapons were used in east timor?....i'm all for supporting british jobs in the arms industry so i'm not complaining.

i just recalled reading the british sold jet fighters to indonesia in the past and these weapons were used in east timor?....i'm all for supporting british jobs in the arms industry so i'm not complaining.

So Indonesian Military = East Timorese Militia..... :nono::nono::nono:

Although TNI did fund most of the militia during the pro independence period before and during the vote they were really used as a tool to reign fear into the East Timorese not to vote "YES".

A lot of the funds used in that terror campaign were siphoned from public works programs funded by the World Bank through the IMF

Mark Davisâ??s SBS documentary, Blood Money, showed how the money trail went from the World Bank to the TNI in East Timor via foreign minister Ali Alatasâ??s office in Jakarta. Receipts and account books were in the ruins of the TNI office in Dili. That was the aid money that provided guns, drugs and machetes to kill Timorese.

If you get a chance watch it....maybe on you-tube. Great piece of journalism.

Archived