Monarchy Bites the Dust

JayT

SD - I have a problem with ALL parties vote buying - it doesn't exist for only one party.

And by vote buying do you mean providing and fulfilling promises made to the rural areas?

Sorry - but when it comes to Thailand you sound pretty much the same as RY - a total disdain to the poor people and their requests and the Democratic process.

Mate, I do not want to go there. We *are* on the same side, but you're crazy on this subject! I'll say no more, as I respect our friendship too much.

You're too close to one side to be objective IMHO. I'm not, again IMHO.

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I volunteered for PC, I specifically asked for higher education in either Thailand or Malaysia. PC promptly sent me an invitation to train for secondary education in Kathmandu. I turned it down and said I'd wait to get what I wanted. The following year I did.

I met a fair number of Nepal PCVs, since PC sent them to hospitals in Bangkok. Seemed someone was always falling off of a mountain trail in Nepal. I started to wonder if it wasn't just an excuse to come to Bangkok.

:hmmm:

i know quite a few pcvs from both countries. a handful live in nepal, running small biz or ngos, but many more in US come to KTM every once in a while for ngo projects, etc. my thai rpcv friends, on the other hand, are generally guys who now live and work in Lao PDR, the whole nine yards of the farang gone deep, gf in every major province in los/laos, love the place and people, regarded with awe by villagers and suspicion by the people's gov, who'd be happy to ull visas if they weren't generating business...

i know quite a few pcvs from both countries. a handful live in nepal, running small biz or ngos, but many more in US come to KTM every once in a while for ngo projects, etc. my thai rpcv friends, on the other hand, are generally guys who now live and work in Lao PDR, the whole nine yards of the farang gone deep, gf in every major province in los/laos, love the place and people, regarded with awe by villagers and suspicion by the people's gov, who'd be happy to ull visas if they weren't generating so much business...

Archived