Where is everyone?

zob65

Is it me getting bored easy or is Bangkok dead the moment. I went around the traps monday and Tuesday and most places devoid of Farangs. The girls are deperate and get you attack from all angles.

Bar owners are crying in the beers.

Could be the smoking or the wet season?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its called 'low season', and you are correct - the girls are looking to milk every Farang that staggers within arms reach for as much as they can extract from his wallet. I have done as much as I can to help them through this tough patch (!), but there is only so much one Farang can do. I have no doubt that the incidence of theft / bill padding etc goes up in low season, but its also a good time to get your pick of the girls. I expect that many move on when things are this quiet - last post I saw on Pattaya indicated that its much busier down there, but that could have been a one-off.

Gobble

I'd also like to point out that I am having a lot more fun in bars on Soi 7/1 and Soi 33 than I have at NEP (yawn ..) or Cowboy (gimme money, honey !). With the exception of my night out with CTO, Cowboy has been a double-edged sword for me - some discoveries and some extravangant bar chits - YMMV.

Gobble

By contrast, I have never seen so many 'non P4P' Farang in the LOS, and they are here in Singapore/Malaysia in record numbers too. Granted, April was my first Asia trip in a few years, but it seems like a large part of the West (and middle East..) is hellbent on landing a 'bargain' and they see BKK as the place to do that. Add the huge number of foreigners working in BKK and the fact that I live off Suk, its becoming 'dodge the Farang' out there. :smirk:

Gobble

I'd also like to point out that I am having a lot more fun in bars on Soi 7/1 and Soi 33 than I have at NEP (yawn ..) or Cowboy (gimme money, honey !). With the exception of my night out with CTO, Cowboy has been a double-edged sword for me - some discoveries and some extravangant bar chits - YMMV.

Yes, it certainly is low season. Just stand firm in Soi Cowboy and NEP - supply and demand ultimately trumphs cultural peculiarities. But out of curiosity, has anything changed in Soi 33 or 7/1 that is worth reporting?

Last time I was in Soi 33 it was absolutley dead. So dead that I don't bother visiting there anymore. Any changes of significance. Inquiring minds want to know.

Gaddy,

I should clarify my comment - I stick to one bar in Soi 33, as it was intro'd to me by a BG from 7/1 ('Miss Bangkok' from one of my other threads). I soon realised that they were an approachable bunch without being pushy, and the other Farang were there for a good time rather than to prove their masculinity. It usually strikes a balance between being not overly crowded without being dead - more an Aussie/Kiwi/Pom hangout, but that doesnt seem to deter others.

PT me if you want the name of the bar - it may not be to everyone's taste, but I like it. I also like the fact that most of the girls along 7/1 are out the front in full view, as are the pool tables in many cases - much more inviting than Cowboy, imo. Absolut Bar at the top of the Soi is an alternative if you dont want the usual BG thang, but I had to dodge the Katoey trying to push Johnnie Walker at the front door :smirk:

Cheers,

Gobble

Archived