Where is everyone?

zob65

Point taken, CTO, but its not as if the average lurker is going to miss the Soi, unlike the Bar-with-no-name. I see plenty of gawkers wandering up and down 7/1 without seeing the charm of the place - its not immediately obvious until you settle in, IMO.

As for Cowboy, you are 100% right - punters should definitely stay out of all go-gos, esp those with Chinese-Thai dancers !

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nah - I'd mention the no name bar but the owner apparently doesn't want publicity.

However given it's not as busy as once was - I wonder if he'd like free advertising?

Last trip, I walked into No Name bar, the Owner/manager? met me out front, shock my hand and then said, "...get your ass in there and spend some money, I am going broke..." Bad times being reported by the girls and bars...but in some cases, "som nom na..." other cases, it is the economy, and in other cases it is both.

I tried to explain to a whore in Saigon, the reason she might not be "...having lucky..." is because her prices were too damned high! She failed to get that point. Some Thai whores do seem to get it, and some of the stupid price quotes are out the window, and the opening offer more reasonable.

some of the stupid price quotes are out the window, and the opening offer more reasonable

Agreed, OH, agreed. Getting plenty of phone calls from various girls, and its clear that they love my wallet more than their previous (impassioned) statements on the high cost of doing business. That said, I prefer the 'low retainer/earn your commission' approach to just saying '1500 baht- take it or leave it, darling' - you make me happy, I make you happy, Capiche ?

Happy happy happy !

Gobble, who isnt happy right now but will be tonite

I'm pleased that you are being honest with us, KD, but the term 'wet season' isnt bandied about on the board lightly. I also find it annoying, but coming from Tropical Queensland, its not entirely unexpected that you are going to get wet during the 'wet season'. As discussed in the 'where is everyone ?' thread, punter numbers are way down in most bars, but I dont blame this purely on the wet season. As you say, the Northern Hemisphere is enjoying something resembling pleasant weather at the moment, and I hope you enjoy it while it lasts. Similarly, I plan to enjoy the absence of so many competing wallets while it lasts. :evil:

Gobble, who doesnt let a little rain dampen his spirits

Archived