Where to buy zip lock bags in Bangkok?

steffi

I'll be carrying my camera near water soon in my backpack and I want it protected in case it or I drop in the sea. Can anybody suggest where I can buy bigger zip lock bags than those that are available in the red box at Foodland and Tops? I need one that can hold an SLR with grip with medium sized lens attached.

Preferably the kind with the sliding fastener.

Steffi, why not go whole hog, visit a camera supply store and invest in a water-proof cover for your outfit? It would be more durable and dependable than Zip-lok bags and if you go top-of-the-line you can do underwater photography at shallow depths. Just a thought.

I was going to suggest the same. I would also reccomend a camping store, the boating section should also offer so options. If you are interested, Minolta make a camera that works above water and under to about 130 feet (cost about $350usd). Many manufactureres make "splash proof" cameras starting at around $80 and up, maybe a better option in extreame conditions.You can also get disposable h2o proof cameras for around $10usd at almost any drug store in the USA, I also saw some at a small camera store on Sukhumvit last may. Scuba shops also offer various size plastic bags.

[ November 04, 2001: Message edited by: Old hippie ]

Archived