Goldschlager in Thailand???

Goldschlager used to be my favoriate shooter before I moved here. Just had a friend bring me back a couple of bottle from the States but I don't expect they will last that long. Has anyone scene this liquor anywhere in BKK? We're talking a confirmed sighting here, not just rumor.

For those not aware, Goldschlager is a cinnamon schnapps that kicks like a mule. Better than knock-out drops.

Also, FYI. Could not find it in SIN on my last trip and believe me I looked.

I would be really surprised if you find it. I have been looking for nifty items like sipping tequila (El Tesoro Anejo) or quality polish vodka (Belvedere) as well as other nifty quaffs. Nada, nunca, nadie. Nothing. I would have remembered if I've seen goldschlager.

This reminds me of Yaegermeister (sp?) for some reason. The idiots I was friends with in college got a bottle from Germany where it was still made with opiates. So these idiots proceed to dip cigarettes in the Yaegermeister and smoke them when they dried out. Yuch!!!!

<<burp>>

A few ideas...foodland used to have tequila, probably not the stuff you are looking for though. But, maybe you could locate a "high end bar" That offers these products, and ask them where they get them, and if it is possible to order one through them. Failing that, anyone know the laws on shipping such products into the kingdom? via mail, fed ex etc...I sense a business opertunity! Also, you could contact the company and see if it is shipped anywhere in the country.

Another thought, I'm going back a few years, quite a few maybe, but wasn't there a liquor store that sold the rarer, more expensive stuff? Wine, scotch, Whiskey etc...I think it was near Emporium, or in it, World trade center maybe? It was in one of those "higher end" shopping places, I'm guessing about 5 or more years ago. Maybe gone now.

Crap!

I actually passed through that airport!!! Had eight luxerious hours in that airport!!!

Just a note: Villa Market on 33/1 has Yaegermeister believe it or not. Two bottle sizes, but sorry, no goldschlager or anything approaching decent Tequilla. Has a very small selection of that Oh So Special fire water called Grappa.

<<burp>>

Archived