Zip Drive

DocThai

anyone still own one of those dinosaurs? I just had things shipped here that were in storage. I found a dozen zip disks containing some writing i did over the years when i was working on a book. Now I am curious to see what is on them!

I know they are not available in Pantip.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have one in my possesion but I could probably lay my hands on one within a couple of weeks.

They used to be used a lot in Operator workstations in Control Rooms a few years ago and currently a lot of these are being refitted, I must have seen over 50 get binned this year alone, let me know if you wish me to grab one next time I see it getting trashed.

Hi!

We are about to get rid of some old computers at my work and I know for sure that there is a Zip-drive there. No problem getting hold of it as I have been asked to get rid of it all but I won't be in Thailand for at least 2 months... :sad: Maybe you can get one from some other place faster but if not..just let me know and I'll bring it to you (at least to Bangkok)..

SPIFF

Looks like I have opened a can of (zip) worms. Ok now...so there are two of us in Bangkok in need of a zip drive to copy data. Surely someone out there has one they can spare for an hour...

Not to mention...I am still looking for a VCR!

Doc,

Did you check out the shop(s) by the bus shop in Phra Khanong?

I was in that area last week and I saw the shop with hundreds (?) of DVD, VCR(?) players.

For the zip drive, try e-bay and then get a friend coming this way to carry it over for you?

Archived