SHERIFF JOE IS AT IT AGAIN!

cavanami

Here's the choice, get out and work, or sit in your cell and do your time slowly.

This part is my biggest beef. Its a mantra I keep repeating about the brutality of prison. You can't do your time in peace. In fact, you get time added on just for defending yourself against attackers. I think its inhumane to throw someone in a system where its almost guaranteed they will be attacked and/or raped.

As for the other stuff, the heat, pink underwear, etc., even the 28 cents an hour. I would accept all that in an instant if you didn't have to face the brutality of fellow prisoners. We don't have the space but I think a prisoner should have to right to be in isolation and be apart from the 'gen pop' (general population) as the prisoners say if he is going to be brutalized.

If you knew your brother, sister, son or daughter would be attacked by others they are with in any other institution: military, school, etc. you wouldn't stand for it. Just because its prison, why should it be okay? Have we as a society gone so callous as to allow an institution in our midst where people are openly attacked and raped?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

what about the daily tortue victims familys go through daily.....knowing their kid was buggered before having their throat slit....killed by a drunk driver....beaten to death, shot, stabbed etc etc....what about their pain and suffering? as for minor offences i think its absolutly wrong to expose people to rape and brutaliastion in prisons.......but calculated violent offenders, well fuck them.

Guest lazyphil

yes we can cite cases of unjust brutality. cant we adress victims of familys of terrible crimes for a moment. many out there.

lol...Phil you're a sweetheart. I'm in favor of the death penalty. As long as its supported by DNA evidence or witnesses/circumstantial evidence that leaves little doubt its the guy.

Rapists, molesters, etc. should serve their long years without creature comforts. There should be more rehabilitation in prison but as far as cable tv and such, no way. You're not there to enjoy yourself. However, as much as I would love to see them suffer, its still wrong for rapists and molesters and murderers to be subjected to brutality and rape by other prisoners. There was a guy who was innocent after DNA evidence cleared him years later and he was subjected to the same horrors. Yes, he's an exception but what about those guys?

Death penalty and even being raped in prison doesn't heal the wounds if its your daughter, sister or brother that was the victim. Nothing will really. Yes, you may hear a few that witness an execution and are relieved the monster is dead but they don't get complete closure.

If we allow the type of brutality we have in prison we have no right to criticize Chinese prisons, Thai prisons and middle east judgements that are still from the days of the crusades. Is there much of a difference between getting your hand chopped off for stealing in Saudi Arabia and being the cell block bitch for years? In those situations its not even have to get banged in the ass or such a dick, you're virtually a slave. You have to dress like a woman, probably have your brutalizers name tatooed on you to show ownership, clean, feed, etc. your brutalizer. Being loaned out to other prisoners. Given a choice between the sentence for stealing in Saudi Arabia or being the cell block bitch which one would you choose? It would be interesting what the answers would be.

Archived