Boston to Bangkok?

SiamIAm

Hey guys,

Anyone know of a cheap travel agent I can use to book this trip? I used to use First National Travle but have since lost their number :( Anyone have thier ph#

I've been searching on-line recently and have found nothing under 1,400.00 round trip. I generaly pay around 890.00 last time I want (Feb 07)...

Can anyone help :help:

Thanks

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always had very good luck with IDEAL TRAVEL: 581 Boylston St, Suite 702 Boston

(617) 247-9898

They are an Asian travel service and always got me the lowest fares, never failing to beat the internet. I last used them three years ago (haven't been back to Beantown in that time) and dealt with both William Du and Sandra Mei; I have no idea if they are still employed there.

They are on the 7th floor of a small, older office building directly across from Copley Sq. pahk.

Thanks Dave,

I talke to Mei there and was quoted 1250.00 round trip...I may just have to bit the bullet on this and pay the extra...It sucks because just a month ago I could have gone non-stop via Thai ariways from NY for that price.

I just priced a ticket for travel next month:

BKK <> ORD (Chicago)...

Ranged from 84,000 baht to 64,000...about (@ 33.4)

$2515 to $1916

but that was all the way on United, which is not the cheapest but this is double from what I paid last year.

2K for a ticket? That seems a bit exsesive...Why did you use United? generaly speaking, I've always found that Northwest or China air are the cheapest out of north America...

I've dugg up an old digital organizer last night that has my old agents PH# for First National Travle...I'll give them a call and see what they can come up with for a price and post the info should it be reasonable...

Cheers!

This one usually gives the best fares...

BUT,,, the one you got was it INCLUSIVE ?

ThaiFly

Depart From : Boston, United States of America (BOS) Depart Date : Sat 13 September 2008

Arrive To : Bangkok, Thailand (BKK) Return Date : Fri 27 February 2009

Passenger : 1 Adult

Class : Economy

Request Bargain Airfare

Destination... Round Trip*

Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK)

(UA) 19 Aug 2008 -

29 Sep 2008 915.00 USD Condition

(NW) 19 Aug 2008 -

29 Sep 2008 925.00 USD Condition

*The above fares are not included airport tax and fuel surcharge

http://www.localsearch.com/insp.bylocation/local/byloc/MA/Boston/Travel/Travel_Agencies

Last trip I found 7 travel agents in the Boston area that specialized in SE Asia.

We have been dealing with one travel agent in NYC for decades. She is not the cheapest but will match any legit price we find.

Last two trips was Thai Airways direct from JFK. But gone now. Probably go back to Korean as they used to be the least expensive for us. But have used other airlines with stop overs in Narita, Hong Kong, and Seoul.

I just priced a ticket for travel next month:

BKK <> ORD (Chicago)...

Ranged from 84,000 baht to 64,000...about (@ 33.4)

$2515 to $1916

but that was all the way on United, which is not the cheapest but this is double from what I paid last year.

Check ANA. I assuming that you want to stay with * Alliance. They have flights next month for $1546. Never tried their economy class but biz is much better than the UAL product.

Archived