Koh Lanta

Faustian

Guest lazyphil

if i came into big money i'd settle in a remote jungle around krabi and trang. i love the lime stone karsts, just give me a feeling of well being when i'm among them.

Well I guess the places I've cited aren't moderately priced, they are the 3 most expensive hotels, so I might avoid the problems you mention...?

Maybe I'll look elsewhere....any other places people know of in the Krabi area?

Yes, those places will no doubt have a more international mix. Check out the Narima as well; lovely setting in the trees above Khlong Hin beach. Highly recommended.

Saladan has many excellent inexpensive seafood restaurants on the water... not much else though. Old Lanta Town is worth a visit; the pier has been rebuilt since the tsunami and provides a good departure point for tours of the surrounding islands.

I'd also venture down to Trang. Spend one night in town to check out the options for islands & tours from there.

Click on this LINK to my smugmug website with pictures of more places around the Andaman Sea. It might give you some ideas.

Cheers... :beer:

Thanks samak. We've been there 3 times since 2006. I've visited some of the outlying islands but never stayed on them. Satun province has quite a few more I'd like to check out as well.

Krabi is booming since the completion of the new international terminal. Trang & Satun have yet to catch on as much with western travelers, especially on the mainland. The islands get most of the attention and are usually full during high season.

Archived