Nana vs Dynasty vs Majestic

DocThai

I was speaking generally about the hotel situation in Bangkok at this time. If you or another board member know of any hotels that are new and under 1800 Baht/night, would love to know.

Tim

Depends what you mean by new, but Majestic Suites and Everrich can both be had for less than that.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1,600 now, 1,900 October and November, 2,150 December and January, 1,950 February and March... not such a bargain!

DocThai,

Agree,

1,600 Baht is a good price and value for money. 1,900 Baht is about the limit for this hotel. Over 2,000 Baht is crazy. Will convey this to the hotel owner today.

The rates October to March may be high. But as of Nov 1st, most hotels have increased their prices 25-30% from this year. Swiss Park, Majestic Suites and Manhattan are about 1500 Baht per night. These are expensive when you compare.Much nicer and all new and not 10 yrs old like others. 200 metres and 2 mins walk from Sukhumvit road. I know where I would rather stay

Citi Chic a bargain at 2,060 Baht has incresed to 2,420 Baht from Nov 1st.

I was speaking generally about the hotel situation in Bangkok at this time. If you or another board member know of any hotels that are new and under 1800 Baht/night' date=' would love to know.

Tim

[/quote']

Depends what you mean by new, but Majestic Suites and Everrich can both be had for less than that.

Barry,

Majestic Suites rooms are old and they will start renovating them soon. Everich room is ok and we are should get their rates soon. Although having inspected Everich and Darjelling. Location for Nana, Everich is good, rooms are ok.

Location for Cowboy, Darjelling is good and rooms are a different class than Everich.

I've stayed at all 3 mentioned in the OP, and my favourite is The Majestic Suites by a long way.

Last year I did a review of it which you can find here

I stayed there 2 weeks ago, and nothing has changed much so the review still pretty much stands.

Just negotiated with the owner and

1. Now, all rooms have a Dvd player in the room.

2. They are working at the moment to get the internet free of charge. Will in place soon. Definitely before Oct 1st.

3. After my discussion with the owner they have reduced their prices Oct1st - March 31st. 1,780 Baht includes free internet. That's sounds better.

Majestic Suites' rooms are a bit tired, but it's still a good place to stay. Hopefully they will have similar pricing post refurb. Many times I've walked past it at 2am and wished I was staying there when I couldn't get a room.

Ever Rich I would class as slightly below, but a bit newer. It is also gf.

Majestic Suites' rooms are a bit tired, but it's still a good place to stay. Hopefully they will have similar pricing post refurb. Many times I've walked past it at 2am and wished I was staying there when I couldn't get a room.

Ever Rich I would class as slightly below, but a bit newer. It is also gf.

Barry,

Agree totally with what you say. You guys need plenty of other options in this price range. Majestic Suites is definitely a popular hotel at a great location.

Archived