up to you..........

deadman

Hey Deadman,

Sometimes I think about what we are paying to but at the end of the day for the girl it doesnt matter how much you spent or even spent for her...eg spending 3000 baht on dinner is neither here or there for her, she could just as easily be happy with a 20 baht Som Tam....it matters to her how much cash she got at the end.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In truth I think you could have given here a bit more - I usually give 500B/day. And I have never had any complaints and regularly see the same girls time and again.

If you are Thai then 500B goes along way. I think a lot of sanukers who come to the LOS still convert the amount given back to their own currency and feel ashamed at giving so little, so to easy their guilt they give more.

The last 3-4 years have seen sanuk prices rising rapidly, but they also have seen a hardening of the attitude of most of the girls - which detracts from, for me, the sanuk experience.

Relax and enjoy your sanuk, but don't overpay to assuage your conscinece. After all in twelve years of coming to Thailand the local BKK non a/c buses have gone from 2B - 4B, the Pattaya-BKK a/c bus has been 79B, the Pattaya baht bus has been 5B, a bottle of generic water 5B(used to be 3B for Thais)....

Deadman, don't beat yourself with it. All of us are so happy to be in LOS and get away from the usual PC stuff at home but reading some answers to your thread, i fear it is now following us there too. The smile on her face tells you thai girls don't PC their life with shoulds and should nots.

[ October 12, 2001: Message edited by: pattaya127 ]

Deadman,

How much you pay a lady is up to you (and her), but it's also important to note to what extent a girl needs money to pay rent and buy food. She may have been happy staying with you for little or no compensation if she has other income or very small expenses.

However, if she has children or other family members to support, she may have to work double time sleeping with other customers to make up the limited compensation she collected after her stay with you.

During my last BKK trip at the outdoor eating establishments on Soi 7, I ran into a freelancer friend who was very downcast because her previous night's customer had only paid her 500 baht for all night. This is a very sweet girl who gives great GFE and has to support a child and mother living with her in Bangkok.

I bought her lunch, slipped 800 baht in her pocketbook "for taxi", and declined her offer to go to my hotel room (not because I didn't want to, but my GF was due to meet me back at the hotel anytime).

Bottom line: Consider the girl's need as well as market conditions and quality of service rendered when paying ladies.

Shotover

Archived