Weekend market

kingkong

Yep, just get off the skytrain at Mochit and follow the crowds.

It's bloody hot there though, and crowded. You're shoulder to shoulder the whole time. I took a map of the place with me but I soon got lost anyway, best just to dive in and explore I think. It's a fascinating place, especially the first time you go, and there's the odd airconditioned stall or restaurant to escape the heat in. I liked it but be warned, it's rawn maak maak at any time of day!

King Kong

Everything is said to be cheaper there but I did not find everything to be. I last went three years ago with an ex gf who is tighter than a ducks arse when it comes to buying stuff. I saw a buddha image that I wanted and asked how much- 230 baht.Supatra was haggling elswhere so I got her to get it for me at 120 Baht, not bad thinks me. Later in the week saw the same thing on sukhumvit marked up at 99 baht!

So you can get done, it's a facinating market though, I would go early.-peter

quote:

Originally posted by kingkong:

Just read about the Weekend market on BangkokPhils site.

Where is it? And what is the best way to go there?

As mentioned BTS Mo Chit

A couple of air-conned bars / restaurants at the back end of the market......I just sit there watching the sights go by whilst enjoying song-sarm refreshments..the wife re appears every 30-40 mins with more things bought wink.gif" border="0

Archived