Ailing THAI asks hundreds of staff to retire early

elef

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to show you what kind of lazy bastards they were (?) or are :

Between 1993 and about 97 I used to fly China Airlines from Frankfurt to Taipeih via BKK or later KL , plane said Madarin Airlines due to political BS . These were MD11 which have an elevated seat behind both pilot seats and further have very large windows , the view you have as third man in the cockpit is therefore phantastic .I mangaed to get into the cockpit after takeoff in Taipei , night time . Captain Chinese maybe 55 , First Officer fresh from the airforce maybe 30 . The only words the FO spoke were :" Yessir ! " to his captain . The captain offered me a ciggy and a coffee , ashtray was a paper box on the radio panel between the seats . Extremely relaxed all the way , perfect for aircraft freak BuBi .

Approaching Bangkok around 1 AM I was still sitting there when they all of a sudden started to prepare for landing and communication increased . I though I ask them if can stay during landing when I realised the guys had totally forgotten I was sitting there . Maybe 10 minutes before touchdown the purser came into the cockpit and fastened my seatbelts , otherwise I would have crashed into the throttle levers later on I think . I do not want to blame the guys because landing in darkness with cockpit view had been on my list a very long time . When taxiing in Dong Muang the captain finall ytold me to fuck off , we exchanged business cards and it was a great event alltogether . But in all honesty unbelievably careless. Don't think it would happen nowadays .

BuBi

On a sidenote : the plane could not leave BKK because the aircon was down . They put us in hotels and that was when I got an idea what BKK was like . I since then use Thai Airways for loyalty reasons :smirk: .

Archived