Mercure - Pattaya

vinod

I've stayed at many a few hotels all over Thailand. Mostly mid-priced.

Got stuck one time New Years and most hotels fully booked. Had to go to Imperial. Very expensive. But they had rooms available. At reception they took you to a table in lobby and had a nice young lass fill out registration. They also provided a free drink (hard or soft) during this process.

At the Imperial, they state clearly that there was a 300 baht guest fee. And each night I walked in with my gal/guest and never once paid a fee nor did anyone ask for a fee.

One night/early morning 2:00 AM we tried the back door. This was locked. But night manager came and unlocked door and appologized for the door being locked. At no time did he ask for any 300 baht.

Other than the Imperial, I have never been in a hotel that was not guest friendly.

I've been all over from Chiang Mai to Phuket to Hua Hin to Pattaya many times and mostly at different hotels and never was I asked/told - no guests.

So what's the deal with not being guest friendly? Are these family hotels with children everywhere? Or what?

The majority of their business appears to come from Asian family tours.

The punters were definitely the minority during my stay. Needless to say, the wives on these tours probably don't appreciate scantly clad hookers and drunken western men parading around their children :shocked: , which is fine with me. Plenty of other places to stay PTY and a smart decision by the owners if it helps to fill their rooms.

I just didn't appreciate the change in their guest policy a day after my arrival last year. :onfire: :down:

The punters were definitely the minority during my stay. Needless to say, the wives on these tours probably don't appreciate scantly clad hookers and drunken western men parading around their children :shocked: , which is fine with me.

Tough shit. Serves them right for going to Pattaya. Plenty of legitimate family resorts around.

Hi All,

Thanks for all the replies.

The reason I was looking at this hotel was I redemed my TG miles for 2 nights hotel stay, as some of them were expireing. I think I would be better off using this in Sheraton in Bkk. Plan to go 1 week holiday in Sep.

cheers

Any way, how are the rooms and the place?

Don't like much noise around at night an need a nice swimming pool to relax.

I will get there by car and bring the GF along.

At asiatravel rooms are 2100 for superior and 2300 for deluxe both breakfast included. Will look at thaihotelsdiscount etc.

The Marriot is above my means unfortunately, my budget is max 2500B/night, any other recommendations welcome. The A-One and Hard Rock are not my type of hotel (isn't that the repainted Merlin and now way overpriced?)

Archived