Current taxi fare from airport to Soi 4

shotover

I have a friend visiting Thailand for the first time next month, and he asked what taxi fare to expect traveling from Suwannabumi to Sukhumvit Soi 4.

I know the meter rates have increased, maybe 250 to 300 baht now? not including the 50 baht airport fee or tolls of course.

Shotty, as you said, it depends upon if he gets a taxi with the new rate in the meter or the old. I'd say ~B300-350 on the new rate is prolly close. Troy is right with ~B200 on the old rate.

As an example of comparison, I noticed that going from soi 22 & Sukhumvit to Carrefour Rama 4 it was B37 on the old meter, and B55 on the new for the return (the return trip also was 5 minutes slower, so maybe that added B4?) for the exact same route.

Cheers,

SD

Well, that was my unscientific survey results...

The new fares: [color:purple]"will start at 35 baht for the first kilometre, not three kilometres as before. The fares will then be five baht a kilometre for the 3rd-12th kilometres, 5.50 baht a kilometre for the 12th-20th kilometres, six baht a kilometre for the 20th-40th kilometres, 6.50 baht a kilometre for the 40th-60th kilometres, 7.50 baht a kilometre for the 60th-80th kilometres and 8.50 baht a kilometre beyond that."[/color]

So actually, you'll notice it more on short trips than long I guess, making the new fare from the airport more like B250-300 as Shotty said.

Cheers,

SD

Hi

Just tell ur friend, after coming out the customs, take a left and get into lift to 4th floor, the departure level, he will find taxi, just get in and they would be glad to have a pax., ride back into the city. Tell him like a pro., meter and I pay toll, less than 250 B into Sopi 4.

This is what I do often, even for 1st timer, he can easily can go thru this route...

cheers

well for those who cares or forgot:

tolls: 25+40=65, but up to 50% increases planned on tolls in coming months I believe?

airport surcharge: 50bt for arrival level 'official' taxi booth que!

note an amazingly crowd of unofficial taxis all along the arrival & departure roads just outside the terminal in direct view of guards police & whatnot!

typically they'll be holding homemade signs of 'bargain prices to bkk, pattaya' or such & private cars parked behind :down:

Total disgrace much beyond PAD or Man. City :cover:

Hi

Just tell ur friend, after coming out the customs, take a left and get into lift to 4th floor, the departure level, he will find taxi, just get in and they would be glad to have a pax., ride back into the city. Tell him like a pro., meter and I pay toll, less than 250 B into Sopi 4.

This is what I do often, even for 1st timer, he can easily can go thru this route...

cheers

I have had to "fight" with taxi drivers on the 4th floor to use the meter and to go the shortest route!

For a neebie, they may have trouble!!!

YMMV.

Hi

cheers

Seems like a lot of hassle to save 50 baht. I've never taken a taxi from the new airport, but there always looks like there are tons of regular meter taxis waiting at the arrival area at the far right gates. I believe the system works just like it used to at Don Mueng, and the drivers are required to turn on the meter, though they may make a play not to.

I did note last trip that they have moved most of the limo services touts to the outside road at arrivals. Didnâ??t seem like it made much difference to the throng of people waiting outside customs.

Archived