Current taxi fare from airport to Soi 4

shotover

I have had to "fight" with taxi drivers on the 4th floor to use the meter and to go the shortest route!

For a neebie, they may have trouble!!!

YMMV.

The road on the 4th level now (as of 3 weeks ago) is partitioned. Split in 2. Very difficult to get a taxi now. Also the police are cruising with their loudspeaker telling the taxis to move along. If you notice, there are signs saying they will tow the cars that are stopped and I did actually see a tow truck. They may be taking the signs seriously now.

Also, I just live in Lat Krabang which is basically where the airport is. It is a 65 baht taxi ride. Firstly, I couldn't get any taxi on the 4th floor to even go there using the meter. Cheapest quote I had was 200 baht. Secondly, the time I took trying to get one, I could have been home already paying 110 baht using the arrival level. Never again will I use the 4th floor and that is coming from someone who has used it since 1995.

Suadam addressed the substance of my question, which was how much the new taxi meter fares will increase the fare from the airport to the Soi 4 area. Just want to give my friend an estimate of what to expect when he visits next month.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an additional 50-100 baht fare for the 25 or so kilometer trip.

... The new fares: [color:purple]"will start at 35 baht for the first kilometre, not three kilometres as before. The fares will then be five baht a kilometre for the 3rd-12th kilometres, 5.50 baht a kilometre for the 12th-20th kilometres, six baht a kilometre for the 20th-40th kilometres, 6.50 baht a kilometre for the 40th-60th kilometres, 7.50 baht a kilometre for the 60th-80th kilometres and 8.50 baht a kilometre beyond that."[/color]...

And "whatever-the-fuck-they-can-gouge-you" for the mysterious, missing kilometer 2? :)

Serious question: anybody know the "idle" price? Each minute of going under 5km/hr or whatever? I believe that is the number on the upper left of the meters.

Update: Caught a taxi yesterday from the airport to my apartment. Exactly 20 kms., late at night so no idle fare bumps. Final fare was 137 baht.

I was curious (and had nothin else to do), so I watched the meter. Started at 35 baht, went to 37 at exactly 1.0 km, then jumped 2 baht every 0.40 km. Somewhere around 10 km, it started jumping 2 baht every 0.35 km.

Out of curiousity, caught a taxi upstairs at the arrival area (around midnite). Several drivers anxious for customers, noone shaking them down or discouraging them, but they were in a hurry to load the bags and get out of there.

Archived