Drink prices rise to 145 baht

Neo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes we are!

Isaan is the form used by thai tourism authority (at least its governor a few years ago).

Issan is used on some internet boards as standard.

In Copenhagen we have Thai Esan restaurants... :)

-----

We have the same problem in Europe

Venezia - Venedig, Venice

Roma - Rom, Rome

Firenze - Florens, Florence

Paris - in french prounounce it Pari or even better half way to Bari

Waterloo - pronounced Vaterloo (if you spell it Vateloo it's pronounced as Faterloo)

---

In a chinese restaurant you order a peking duck - never seen a beijing duck... :susel:

and so on

and for those who don't know Bangkok isn't the name in thai - Krung Thep :thumbup:

I know Thai360 threads do tend to wander off topic a touch now and then :smirk: . But what the f..k does that lot have to do with the price of a beer in soi Cowboy? :doah:

Simie.

Because of the LDs going to Isaan BGs, Dr Watson! :beer:

So you're female and enjoy insulting people?

Perhaps we are seeing the return of 'GoodThaiGirl' in another guise, a persona designed to rattle the cages of NP'ers several years back. The member, or members, responsible for her creation still haven't outed themselves, so we may be in for some interesting 'discussions' over the coming months.

Koow, I have only one request : beat me, whip me, make me feel cheap ! :clown:

Who the f**k cares if it's Eesarn or Isan or whatever if everyone still knows what part of Thailand we are talking about. The drink price of 145 baht is crazy considering it's Thailand we are talking about. Is that for beer? Are any of the gogo's selling draft beer in Bangkok?

Isaan: in Dutch language double vowels are used to denote long vowels, so a versus aa. Thai script has long and short vowels. French and German have accents to differentiate vowels

All transliterations from Thai I know are rubbish.

Maybe you should look at the rules soc.cult.thai uses for decades.

As for beer prices, I will check them out as of tomorrow night in Partya and no way am I go to pay too much for my beers: good excuse to move from bar to bar.

And it IS LOW season I heard?

Lots of choices and no 2k baht for LT's

Soi 6 ST paradise here I come :yay:

I'll check if 500B is still the going ST rate.

Archived