Recovery CD

Hamokhamok

Following on from my previous post re Spy Bot and what it did to my laptop.

I now have a query re creating a new Recovery CD/DVD.

The one I have works fine but I'm wondering now that I'm up and running again can I create a new updated recovery cd to avoid having to go and load lots of things should I get screwed again.

Thanks.

Strange you should mention Norton Ghost 14.

I had it on my C drive before I fucked up with SpyBot.

I did have the original stored seperately so I was able to re install it.

However that only caused me more problems in that it appears it fecked up my PC and the end result was having to go to the Norton website to delete it and Norton Anti Virus too.

So yes I did use Norton before but this latest problem has set me back a little.

Norton Ghost I don't think would be suitable for what I want the Recovery CD to do.

I really need something to get me going again after the operating system has to be scrubbed altogether.

So I need to put as much as I can on a Recovery DVD so that I have less to do.

My present recovery cd was done when I bought the laptop nearly 3 years ago. So many things have changed on my PC since then so thats why it takes so long to get up and running again.

Will continue looking.

Thanks.

I use(d) Norton Ghost to make an image/backup of about any hard drive, even UNIX.

It will restore the entire hard drive, OS and all. You can restore to a new (blank) hard drive or restore (write over) an old hard drive.

If the ghost restore screwed up your PC, maybe the backup (image) copy was bad?

It should have restored your PC to exactly the way it was operating when the image was made.

I would not touch another Norton product again. I tried Ghost many years back and it totally fked up my data back up and I lost the original as well. Since then there anti-virus products suck the life out of every new PC on sale as well.

I have heard good reports on Acronis but I use DriveClone. You can clone your HD from the Windows Vista o/s and then swap out your HD's and boot again. Great for a full recovery from a virus attack. Took about 3hrs to clones my 320GB laptop drive. I re clone every week and do daily back up syncs.

Archived