Police Emergency Contact Points for Tourists at 7-11 Stores

elef

Pattaya One News

09-09-2008

Link

Press Conference announces Police Emergency Contact Points for Tourists at 7-11 Stores.

On Tuesday Morning at Pattaya City Hall, Khun Itipon, the Mayor of Pattaya chaired a press conference to announce a new Scheme which is being tested here in Pattaya and also in Bangkok and Ko Chang. The project created in conjunction with the CP Company, Pattaya Police, Banglamung Police, Immigration Police, Tourist Police and Pattaya City Hall will use 7-Eleven Convenience Stores around Pattaya as Police Emergency Contact Points for Tourists. Staff will be trained to contact the relevant authorities should a Tourist present themselves at the store with a problem. 144 7-Eleven Stores around Pattaya will take part in the program. The organizers tell us that Tourists can always find a 7-Eleven Store but may find it harder to find a Police Station should they have a problem. Depending on the problem, staff will either contact the Tourist Police or local Police or even Pattaya City Hall.

7-11 coffee helped saved my skin when 4 Thai men tried robbing me. I had just bought a large cup of their boiling shit. The clerk at the counter even put a cover on it for me without me asking her to do it. So when I left the store and 2 motorcycles coasted to the side of the street with their lights and engines cut, I was able to greet them with the coffee.

Remember that major lawsuit in the USA where an old lady won a lot of money because she got burned by McDonalds coffee? A lawyer told me why that case was important. Others, before this old lady, had gotten burned and McDonalds did nothing. At that time, McDonalds coffee was 180 degrees farenheit (82 Celsius) hot! :onfire:

Archived