Filming outside of bars

ZMAN Z28

I have never had a problem with this in Pattaya, but would like to know if I will run into any problems filming the outsides of the bars in BKK. I only want to film the neon signs and the people on the street. I want to state that these will be clean pictures only. I will not try and have no intentions of filming inside of the bars around Soi Cowboy, and NEP, maybee Patpong, but most likely not.

ZMAN Z28

Last june I noticed a customer in flash agogo

( patong) fiddiling with his wrist watch, got a closer look, and it was a digital camera.

I hope the pic don't cause any problems.

I think the main reason they don't want any pic is to get " bad/ negative" press.

( like no one knows already)

Of course, getting the patrons pic out would not be so good either. ( for the patrons).

I have been taking picture for years outside of bars with no problem, except in Patpong, where as previously stated, they take a little excpetion if you point the camera towards the door. Most of the girls I meet seem to love having their picture taken, and will ask you to give them a copy. If you tell them you will, make sure you follow through, or the will give you the pout!

I should note, this passed trip, two people in CEP told me not to take pictures, they were customers. I obliged them, as I don't like to ruin people's good times. I waited till they left, then took my pictures. As I understand it, a lot of people who object to being photographed, are afraid the picture will be misrepresented. You may recall a few years back, a man was photographed buying flowers or chicklets (some such thing) from a small child, the picture was presented in the U.S. as a man soliciting a child. The man was of some prominence, and his life was put in turmoil. Keep such things in mind when you take pictures, and if someone objects, don't argue.

Speaking of Emergency A-Go-Go, I was there last summer. The fleet was in at the time, and there were several sailors in the bar. Ond of them had brought a camera, and was taking pictures of him and his shipmates sitting with the bargirls. I was expecting management to come over and stop this, but everyone seems cool with it.

The sailor was not taking pictures of the girls dancing in the stage - if he had done this, perhaps there would have been a problem.

JG

I got a few pictures in the class room a gogo in Pattaya ahile back, I had bar fined the girl the day before, and a short time that day, and had bought a few drinks. I also asked permission. A few of the girls shyed away, but the others went along, but weren't really in the pictures.

My observations for inside a gg bar

-the main fear of photos is because of the internet

-never take a picture of ladies on stage, this is off limits.

-look for signs inside that say no photos

-get some level of consent before taking pics; even if just eye contact and acknowledgement smiles. you might be able to take pics sitting with a girl in a bar, but don't be a total stranger. Spend time with them and tip them before taking a picture. courtesy and generosity goes a long way.

Archived