re the credit crunch!!

keith doug

available rooms at 5 star resorts and airplane seats around new year might not be a good indicator as many foreign tour operators reserve huge numbers of rooms and seats based on past bookings and growth forecast; those will be dumped not before nov/early dec when they see the lack of customers

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was talking to a major US based tour operator the other day and his business is down 13% YTD from last year.

Nothing to do with Thailand, as most of his biz is Europe and South Pacific, but just to give you an idea of the outbound market situation here. I'm certain he's doing better than most.

Was in Pattaya two weeks ago and it was lowest low season ever, but this last Saturday plane to Europe was 100% ful. No idea for next high season but am affraid plane back to LOS next month will be equally 100% ful.

Didn't we hear that many airlines cancelled flights in the recent months?

Mate, it is a well worn joke (err, not really a joke actually) amongst those of us who live here that Thai businesses have the tendency to put prices up when short of customers...

Tis stupid indeed, but the truth!

Cheers,

SD

Didn't you post something recently insisting that this financial crisis is fabricated 55555555555555

Didn't we hear that many airlines cancelled flights in the recent months?

As far as I am aware flights to/from Europe have not been reduced, therefore my surprise to sit on fully loaded plane BKK-AUH-CDG whilst I never saw Pattaya that empty.

Lots of flights cancelled inside Thailand though, Nok Air cancelled ALL flights to Phuket two months ago. Last Saturday Nok Air had only 1 flight BKK-Udon Thani in stead of 3. They will return to normal schedule 1st October though.

Archived