T-Mobile G1

Weird

Personaly I am not a fan of slide out QWERTY keyboards, a couple of years ago I had the O2 Zinc running WM6 and I once the novelty had worn off I never used the keyboard, I could inout data quicker using the touch screen keyboard.

With Android being a Linux based platform I imagine quite a few developers playing around with the SDK for the G1 but it is seriously lagging behind the iPhone 3G apart from the camera.

It may be argued the Android is Open Source whereas Mac QS X is proprietary but I expect there are far more developers using "Jailbreak" Mac QS X than Android.

I will stick with my 3G!, less bulky, easier user interface, more storage capacity (probably) more apps

You don't have to use the keyboard, as it does have a touch screen too ;)

So the G1 is 30% thicker and 18.5% heavier to incorporate a QWERTY keyboard that IMHO once the novelty has worn off is basically redundant.

The G1 is physicaly bulkier than the 3G yet only has a 3.2" screen compared to 3.6".

Each to their own I suppose but I am more than happy with my "Jailbreak" 2.1 3G, if we all liked the same thing the world would be a boring place.

Archived