Wifi airports (BKK, Narita and Minn.)?

dean

I'm leaving on NWA on October 13 at 6:00 A.M. Usally, I'd get a hotel and stay ther until 2:30 A.M. to go to the airport. This time, I arrive at BKK airport at 3:30 P.M. on the 12th and will have my golden retreiver sent to the airport sometime between 6:00 P.M. and midnight by the kennel that he will be staying at for 9 days (I'll take him Chiang Mai to Bangkok on this friday by pick up truck). I tried to find a dog friendly hotel but few want large dogs and the ones that do want 3,500 baht for the night. So, I'm staying at the airport for 14 hours. At least, I'll have my laptop and Ipod. So, are the 3 airports that I'll be spending time in on Monday wifi friendly?

I think I remember Narita has some coin-operated internet computers on the level beneath the gates (where NWA boards).

If you were desperate for free wifi in Bangkok you can go to the corridor near the big Thai airways lounge (gate C?) and pick up the free wifi.

MSP has a pay service, like just about any airport in the USA.

Be forewarned however, NWA charges $5 for every alcoholic drink, even on international flights. Very annoying.

I don't think that I'll be on the computer for all 14 hours (and I was hoping to plug it in somewhere). I've never used it for that long but the laptop's battery is supposed to last 10-11 hours. I should only be in Narita for 2 hours, with the first 45 minutes going back through security, so the wifi connection there isn't as wanted as in BKK and Minn., where I'll be sitting for 4 hours. The alcoholic drink price on NWA doesn't bother me much, but I may break down and buy one from Narita to Minn. I do have a related question about Air Asia. I haven't flown them for over a year. When I bought my ticket, I opted for no luggage, only carryon, which will be one carryon and one laptop in a briefcase. I'll take the two large check in suitcases with me when I take the dog to Bangkok this friday and leave them with the dog kennel people. Does air asia now weigh the carryon? I will probably be over whatever weight allowance they attack to it. I haven't had very good luck with air asia personal over my baggage weight and if there is any chance of them charging for my carryon, I'll take it with me this friday and leave it in Bangkok.

Alright, I admit that I only use my laptop once every six months. Its a 3 year old sony vios and I thought that I remembered from when I read the manual that I got around 10 hours on a battery charge, but obviously, I'm mistaken. I can't get internet access at my house (or line phone service either) except for whats offered on satellite. I do have access to several internet cafes that charge 10 baht an hour, so I haven't felt the need to pursue getting connected to the internet. I will have my plug with me for the laptop, so I'll just look for a place to plug it in. From the lack of response, I assume that no one has been checked on their carry on baggage with Air Asia (this will be the last time I check on the internet before leaving for Pattaya tomarrow for a week).

Narita Internet (as of yesterday) is 100 yen for 10 minutes.

The showers are 500 yen for 1/2 hour - not bad

The "Day Rooms" are 1000 Yen for 1 hour and have a shower in them -

S/Poom - no idea about the wifi but dam it sucks

Archived