Soi 6,7 and 8 bars now closed until 6pm

rookie

I've just read that the Belgian media coverage about prostitution in Pattaya, which has been shown all over Europe, has prompted the local officials to order Soi 6, 7, and 8 bars to not open until 6 PM. This occurred just this afternoon (Oct 7th). Bars that are subsequently found open in the afternoon will be fined 50,000 Baht and slapped with a 30 days closure.

I guess this will just create more business for the Beach Road hookers. :cool:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As you say just the usual Thai nonsense, won't help things at all. Doubt it will make a lot of difference to soi 7 or 8 as they are more night time venues. But soi 6 to me has always been best for an afternoon dabble, never gone there much in the evening.

Simie.

its fucking nuts. if they have a problem with the bars then they should shut them down altogether. having them open a few hours less changes nothing. the thais are absolutely insane. i guess the positives could be that these girls might hit the beach and no 'barfines' get paid to the bar. its only a 200 baht difference but im trying to find a positive

That's a true disaster for the likes of me, who mainly use an afternoon opportunity in Soi 6 for a regular ST.

Just as well I have Ph No's for my current two favourites....

I must yet see if this is long term sustainable. It may be an effort to drive Soi 6 type bars, so close to the beach now, further back to around Soi Buakao.

I agree with OP that it could backfire for the authorities if the girls all turn up on Beach Rd.

BTW, where did you read this? Does it also apply to other sois?

As you say it will be interesting to see if this spreads to others soi e.g. Post Office and Yamato etc. And what about places like TQ1?

I think there has been a long term plan by some of the powers that be to eventually move all the naughty bars (except perhaps the Walking st ones?) to the other side of second road? All part of the delusion they seem to have that Pattaya is/can become an ordinary or more up market resort. I say delusion as even though Pattaya has got some other things going for it its still basicly a big whorehouse with one of the crappiest beaches in Thailand.

Simie.

From Thai Anxiety, dated October 8th:

There was a city meeting today when more details about bar opening were revealed

The prohibition on opening bars will be enforced citywide and bars will only be allowed to open between 6pm and 2am.

The mayor and police have some very strict penalties in mind with 90 day closures, 30,000 Baht fines and even 2 month expulsions from Thailand for farang owners.

Looks like difficult days to come! Mind you with people losing all their money through bank failures, etc., there may not be enough people around to visit the bars anyway.

Archived