Soi 6,7 and 8 bars now closed until 6pm

rookie

It appears this whole mess started from a tiff between Thai business owners on Soi 6 that got completely out of control. Cops eventually got involved and it went higher and higher 'til City Hall jumped in. Solution was an application of "mass punishment" to encourage them to work together to resolve their dispute.

Last word I've heard is bars can open at 16:00, but no girls outside the bars until 18:00. And that's limited to two girls only and they must be "properly dressed".

ST may be available earlier - just try the bar's door.

I had an apt. on 6 for a couple of years and can say that there are tourists going up and down the soi during the day and some with children. They've been to the beach or wherever on Beach Rd. and go up 6 to catch a baht bus N. to their hotel or condo.

-redwood

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry i stand corrected. i havent been there more than two or three times (unfortunately) so im obviously not as knowledgeable on the subject as id like to be.

so, why dont they just keep the girls inside and keep appearances all looking ok from the outside? punters wouldnt care if they didnt have girls outside.

Since when do quality tourists go down soi 6 anyway? its quite far away from walking street and there are no attractions there other than the bars. how many sweedish backpackers or jap families do you see accidentally strolling down soi 6 and being shcoked by what they see? arent the other sois and walking street equally as shocking?

The ones looking for the library might just wander down there.

Since when do quality tourists go down soi 6 anyway? its quite far away from walking street and there are no attractions there other than the bars. how many sweedish backpackers or jap families do you see accidentally strolling down soi 6 and being shcoked by what they see? arent the other sois and walking street equally as shocking?

Well, 1. I have been a tourist in Pattaya

and 2. I was shocked at what I witnessed.

Well' date=' 1. I have been a tourist in Pattaya

and 2. I was shocked at what I witnessed.[/quote']

The library was that bad?

:content:

>so, why dont they just keep the girls inside and keep appearances all looking ok from the outside? punters wouldnt care if they didnt have girls outside.<

I disagree. The special charm of Soi 6 WAS that you could wander through and look at almost all the girls, since most would sit outside. Then you could make a selection. If you have to go into a dark bar, you can't see half the detail, and it is much harder not to sit down and have a drink, then get hooked to someone who in the light of the ST room proves to be not very attractive at all.

I remain deeply disappointed with the outcome, and hope it will gradually change back to 'normal'

>so, why dont they just keep the girls inside and keep appearances all looking ok from the outside? punters wouldnt care if they didnt have girls outside.<

I disagree. The special charm of Soi 6 WAS that you could wander through and look at almost all the girls, since most would sit outside. Then you could make a selection. If you have to go into a dark bar, you can't see half the detail, and it is much harder not to sit down and have a drink, then get hooked to someone who in the light of the ST room proves to be not very attractive at all.

I remain deeply disappointed with the outcome, and hope it will gradually change back to 'normal'

On the other hand I have seen girls on soi 6 that should be kept inside at all times and preferably covered with a tarp. :grinyes:

Archived