Invest Now!! - Financial Analysts say

Tiger Moth

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was wondering...in my non-financial mind about opening a bank acc't in Australia. I know it's feasible, though I'm not an Aussie and reside in Thailand. It's something I might do if the Aussie dollar drops below 60-cents:$1US.

One of the country's AA rated banks (there's very few AA rated banks in the world, and they have 4 of them) was offering 7% on a fixed term acc't, though it's now dropped to 6.2%. The advantage, as I see it, is that in time the now very weak Aussie dollar will appreciate, hence I'd obtain interest on the acc't plus a stronger Aussie dollar to convert into Baht.

Thoughts?

From what currency?

The Bank of Thailand, is pegging the currency.

The Baht is currently, overvalued, the USD, will be stronger, against it soon.

I'm holding my travel budget in euros and the amount of baht i can spend while in Thailand has dropped almost 20% in a month. I thought maybe in 5 months time frame USD would be better currency for my travel cash?

From what currency?

The Bank of Thailand' date=' is pegging the currency.

The Baht is currently, overvalued, the USD, will be stronger, against it soon.[/quote']

I'm holding my travel budget in euros and the amount of baht i can spend while in Thailand has dropped almost 20% in a month. I thought maybe in 5 months time frame USD would be better currency for my travel cash?

Five months, very difficult to say.

If I was you, I would take the chance.

Till year end, in my thinking, the dollar will get stronger against the Euro and the Baht. Maybe longer.

We have to be separate noise from trend. Given current volatility, 2% moves in the Dow is simply noise. That said, the way the statistics work, the probability of bigger moves being noise decreases exponentially. The question isn't whether earnings will be bad... they most likely will be. The question is whether the stocks are oversold... I think they are.

The question is whether the stocks are oversold... I think they are.

Care to explain your rationale? Considering all the negatives on the horizon - credit card debt, potential Corporate bankruptcies, entire countires overextended (debt), increased unemployment.....

Wondering what you think are the conditions that support the position that stocks are oversold...

Archived