Invest Now!! - Financial Analysts say

Tiger Moth

Foolish, You really have to have your medications, adjusted.

Utterly disgusting response.

Totally uncalled for personal attack when there was clearly no need, cause or reason to 'go there' and utterly classless. :thumbdown:

A public apology to Junglesoup is in order Sporty.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I m putting some money into commodities each month. Commodities will do well, water treatment companies, energy, uranium,Japanese yen,Swiss Franc, Chinese Yuan, golds,silver, Vietnam, Cambodia funds if you can find them. I also think renewable energy companies will do well over the next 10 years.

I would buy the S+P somewhere between 500-700.

FTSE between 2500-3000.

SHorting the USD also.

Oil will go to 300-500 USD over the next 10 years.

And gold to 5000USD.

Rather than predicting the exact numbers, the DOW/Gold ratio is a good indicator. When the DOW/Gold ratio is near one then we will be near a high in gold and a low in the DOW. So gold 3000, DOW 3000, Gold 5000, DOW 5000. All depends how much money Bernanke prints, and it looks like that will be alot. His assessement of the Great Depression was that they didnt print enough money...Bernanke has no gold peg restrictions on this and he intellectually believes that printing money creates "postive inflation"...he ll destroy the USD eventually.

The danger is when foreigners sell US debt, and when the bond market bubble bursts, then yields will soar, the USD will collapse, and the debt financed economy will collapse. Then a real recession will hit.

I was telling another forumite buddy of mine that for the first time I fear putting money in a commericial bank. My grandfather grew up during the great depression and my parents were children of that generation and so that mindset of not trusting financial institutions were instilled in them.

I always saw that as just history and not ever having to face such a scenario till now. Other than hard assets (a home, raw diamonds perhaps which tend to hold their value, gold coin or bullion, etc.) I don't trust institutions. I have an account with a credit union and they are fairly safe I think as they are run very conservatively and they are member owned. As far as I can tell they were not part of the mortgage fiasco. As far as I know they kept fairly standard mortgage lending guidelines.

Anyone recall all those finanical books and people who predicted the next 'great financial collapse'? We laughed at some of them saying this and that would happen and bring on a global collapse.

As far as currencies you named some. My thinking is which country and by extension, currency, are in the best position to do well during this economic downturn?

Is it China? Is it India? The middle east oil producing countries?

Which companies will continue to do okay or even well during this time? You named industries to your credit, and I'm wondering if there are others.

Also, JS (and others who have their own opinions that may differ), I ask why would someone invest in those? Some are obvious but to some who may not know, give the reasoning behind them.

Foolish' date=' You really have to have your medications, adjusted.[/quote']

Utterly disgusting response.

Totally uncalled for personal attack when there was clearly no need, cause or reason to 'go there' and utterly classless. :thumbdown:

A public apology to Junglesoup is in order Sporty.

I'm not sure Sporty was necessarily referring to Junglesoup's HIV condition or that he even knew about it. It sounds like he was just talking about brain drugs - a more general sort of insult.

"Commodities will do well, water treatment companies, energy, uranium,Japanese yen,Swiss Franc, Chinese Yuan, golds,silver, Vietnam, Cambodia funds if you can find them. I also think renewable energy companies will do well over the next 10 years.

I would buy the S+P somewhere between 500-700.

FTSE between 2500-3000.

SHorting the USD also.

Oil will go to 300-500 USD over the next 10 years.

And gold to 5000USD.

I'll put in my own guesses (as good as anyone's, I think, since most 'analysts' predicted anything like this crisis).

I agree with the Yen and the water treatment companies. Not sure about the rest of it. Gold to 5000USD? In what timeframe? Oil to 300 dollars in some time within the next 10 years isn't such a bold prediction though. I think the Euro is worse than the dollar.

I reckon the Yen will do relatively well simply because Japan is a traditional safe haven, a nation of conservative savers and is a big importer of oil ... a commodity that suddenly has become much cheaper.

S&P to decline much more? Well Warren Buffet's started to dip in now. Surely it can't get much worse?

"A public apology to Junglesoup is in order Sporty. "

lol! And this from a guy (CS) who adopts a very inspired style when discussing world stock markets while in another thread is looking for advices on english teachers positions :spin::rotfl:

Keep the drugs coming...

??? What are you on about? I have no idea.

Hey Bibblies, I am hoping he didn't know. I'll wait to hear his response and if he didn't I'll apologize. If he did, its rank out of order.

What about diamonds? A lot of high level drug dealers used to buy raw diamonds as a means of hiding their money. They didn't trust off shore banks where the money could be found by the authorities or real estate where if they needed to leave town immediately, couldn't go with them, so diamonds were a source of wealth they could literally keep in their pockets if they needed to leave town immediately and would hold its value.

There is every reason to believe things will get worse. This is only the beginning from what most analysts believe. If so, is it probably best to have a 'wait and see' strategy for now? If ones money is idle, then possibly the suggestions already given to shield against your cash deteriorating further?

More home foreclosures, more personal bankruptcies, credit card companies showing huge losses, more banks going belly up, more unemployment...

I just got my property tax bill, up about 10%...while my earnings are less this year, living costs have greatly increased (utilities, gas, etc).

My net worth, big decrease, retirement 401K, in the toilet, etc!

The gov keeps taking, "we" keep losing!

Archived