Ford and GM soon bankrupt?

elef

Can anyone say that the American car makers have as good quality?

Depending on how you look at the statistics, GM is close to, but not equal to, Toyota on quality within the first three years.

The Big 3 are significantly, statistically, better on quality than they were 10-15 years ago. Of course, customers still remember the old clunker they bought 15 years ago, switched to Toyota, and have never looked back. Regaining a reputation is a heck of a lot harder to do than losing it.

When I had a company car, it was either a Ford or Chevy and sometimes a Buick.

All were good cars.

The company bought the cars new and we did the recommended maintenance and drove them without problems for 60K miles.

I would say that is pretty good quality.

I even bought one of the cars, Ford Taurus, at 60K miles at a great (cheap) price and drove it another 20 K miles. I then bought another Taurus which I still have today. It mostly sits in the garage in the USA, but always good to go.

<>

Vios is the same model but 4 door here - very happy with the wife's.

I think the Jazz looks better than a Yaris/Vios - however in Australia Honda is held ot be a premium above Toyota - so in defense only reason we got the Vios was because the dealership new the wife and got a good loan - no Honda dealership in her part of the world.

The 4 door version of the Jazz - the City here - has a great idea I am surprised no one else does - little glove box compartments under the back seat - great spot to store things as long as no fat bastards are in the back seat - I assume LP your still skinny :)

Can anyone say that the American car makers have as good quality?

Depending on how you look at the statistics' date=' GM is close to, but not equal to, Toyota on quality within the first three years.

The Big 3 are significantly, statistically, better on quality than they were 10-15 years ago. Of course, customers still remember the old clunker they bought 15 years ago, switched to Toyota, and have never looked back. Regaining a reputation is a heck of a lot harder to do than losing it.[/quote']

The problem is that the US car makers are years behind producing smaller and cleaner cars. Instead they produced outdated low quality SUV's which don't sell anymore.

Guest lazyphil

yep still lean on a steady 79kgs, moderating the cardio (running) and upping the weight training to get some more muscle mass. if i were a car i'd be a clapped out but usable v-6 2.8 litre ford capri but i want to be a 1967 v-8 chevrolet camero super sports :) ....what car are you?.....a lada? :smirk:

The problem is that the US car makers are years behind producing smaller and cleaner cars. Instead they produced outdated low quality SUV's which don't sell anymore.

My Ford Taurus is a four door and a nice size, not too big but not too small. Good size trunk and good gas mileage, a steady 28 MPG on the highway. No complaints, has everything I need and has been perfectly reliable.

Archived