Nana Hotel Review: First bad one from me!

TheCorinthian

Might have been a miscommunication among staff, but I don't often blame the hotel manager if I don't get the room I requested. They have to deal with overbookings, extended stays, special requests and all kinds of shit.

At one place I stayed at regularly for a short period of time, the manager upgraded me to a larger suite when my class of room was unavailable. But it was always the same room number and it always reeked of cigarette smoke. I checked out for a few days, returned and got the same room and thought about asking, "Jeez, haven't you guys aired this room out since I left?" But then I would have just been complaining about myself. So I figured it was their fuck off sized suite where they put the assholes who didn't mind cigarette smoke.

I stayed at he Nana once and I could give you a list of other reasons why I wouldn't stay there again.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whew! You had me worried! I thought something important changed like they got rid of the black bathroom phones! :)

What you describe I can only call the "Nana Experience"

Below are the unwritten hotel rules:

1) MOST anything below floor six is shit. The fifth floor is hit and miss and don't bother with anything on the fourth floor (Unless they give you the suite room for cheap.)

2) Floors 4 (and below) have some sort of musky/mildew problem in the cheap rooms. I've heard insect problems as well, but I personally haven't seen any.

3) During busy periods, they will ALWAYS try to stick you on the 4th or 5th floor on standard rooms... regardless of where you asked to be put.

4) I've found that the Superior/Deluxe level of rooms tend to be on the higher floors. Problem is many of those rooms used to have balconies that were later filled in for some reason. To compensate, you get a little sitting area (useful), and get a tiny window that is not really at eye level (useless)

5) If you are staying for more than a day or two, that fat old bag at the reception desk will ALWAYS try to tell you that you only booked for a shorter stay than what you actually did. Always keep a printed copy of the hotel confirmation, or you could get bumped to 4th floor hell. She usually hassles you when you pick up your breakfast slip in the morning.

6) Oddly, the big suite rooms tend to be on the lower floors. In fact the only one I have seen is the one I stayed in once on the 4th floor.

7) For some odd reason, laundry will be held hostage for days at a time unless you pay cash on return. Why they just don't tack it on to the bill as you checkout?

8) Speaking of laundry, no matter what requests you make, all shirts will end up on a hanger. If they are button-down shirts, they will get the shit starched out of them as well (i.e. keep delicate clothes at home).

I'm sure there are many others, but this is just a start...

-=/NN

Archived