Nana Hotel Review: First bad one from me!

TheCorinthian

In short, after coming to BKK and staying at the nana for years, this is the first time I have had a bad experience, but it was bad enough that I am switching hotels for at least a few days.

As is customary I made my reservation about 4 months out. This time however, I asked for one of a specific set of rooms that over look the NEP. I was told this would be fine.

A week before my arrival in LOS I re confirmed my reservation.

When I got there, this is what happened.

1) I got a room on the completely opposite end that I had requested.

2) the window was about a 3 by 6 porthole

3) the room had been refinished and smelled like a gasoline tank. (Unbreathable)

So I went to the lobby and asked what happened.

I was told that was the best they could do on short notice. (?!) But they did agree to move me to another room. They sent up a manager to look at mine and he walked in and about threw up. What I thought was funny is that the whole floor smelled like a refinery so how did they not know it?

Next up was the WIFI. Of course this being the Nana I did not have high hopes for it but my computer did find the network. You have to have an internet card so I tried to buy one. I tried to do so for about 4 days! They could never figure out how to sell me one let alone where they were. Add to that it was 150 bht for an hour and I was gave up.

(Next door at the JW it is 600bht for 24 hours!)

So with nothing going my way I am afraid I will be leaving the nana for another hotel today. I may come back but I dont know.....

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of this 'reservation' stuff has happened to me at the Nana Hotel.

There are certain floors on certain parts of hotel that I request. Way in advance. They always agree. Then, like Mr. Corinthian, I contact hotel again about my request/reservation - about a week before arrival.

And . . . oddly enough, upon arrival . . . no one knows anything about these requests.

I have to admit that the front desk has tried on every occaision to place me where I desire and has been successful most times.

My conclusion is that the internet person does not communicate with the front desk or that the front desk does not act on anything from the computer person - emails.

I think as time goes by and more and more punters take/bring their laptops - something will have to be improved with internet access in this hotel.

But, the bottom line - I have stayed at every hotel in Bangkok - and I still go back to the Nana Hotel.

Nana hotel, and every other i've ever stayed in, does not GUARANTEE you will get the LOCATION (floor, side, etc.) of the room you want. They all say they'll "try to give you what you want, but it may not be available". They will guarantee things like single/double, smoking/non-...., but not "nep side of hotel"....I always request a specific room, but i know it's not guaranteed.

Because there's always someone higher up the food chain than you that will usurp your request.

Especially in Thailand.

Cheers

Coss

Could be. But we have on more than one occaision 'extended' our stay. We keep the same room. These rooms could have been 'promised' to others. But we stayed longer than our reservation/stay dates/time. And, of course, we always get the best rooms located in the best locations of building.

And the OP writes "i was told that would be fine".

That's far from guaranteeing it. In fact, those

are obviously not the words a thai person would use, or nana hotel would use. If he would post the exact words, we'd see

they said something like "we'll try, but cannot promise it".

And the OP writes "i was told that would be fine".

That's far from guaranteeing it. In fact, those

are obviously not the words a thai person would use, or nana hotel would use. If he would post the exact words, we'd see

they said something like "we'll try, but cannot promise it".

From my reply email on Aug 8th...

We are pleased to confirm your room reservation at Nana Hotel, Bangkok, as follows:

One superior room ( old section, front side facing NEP ) for Mr. {xxxx xxxxxxx}

from 12 - 30 October 2008

at the room rate of baht 1690 net per room/night,

with breakfast daily.

Please kindly advise your arrival time.

We look forward to welcoming you and we trust that you will be enjoy your stay at Nana hotel.

Thank you,

Jaruwan

Archived