Darjeeling Boutique Review: Pretty Cool as far as it goes.

TheCorinthian

The Darjeeling Boutique

The Skinny: Not a bad place. Very new and very modern. But none of the "Thai atmosphere" being in a ally away from anything interesting. Great place if you want a cool looking room to sleep and nothing else. Flat out no smoking (Which they dont tell you till you get there.)

Location. Beside the Exchange building on Asok Sq. off Suk about 50meters. Go past the exchange to the next ally and look down it. The green thing is it!

Price: Appx 1800 bht

Looks: Place is very clean and new looking.

Experience: Not my cup of tea. (But not bad either!)

Review: After firing the Nana for pissing me off a lot in one day, I found this place by reading this board so I gave it a shot. Booked on line and showed up the next day. The building is newly remodeled and very, very clean. Rooms are a decent size for the small place and very very modern. I really liked how my bath tub looked out a window to the bed! That was cool.

The common / reception area is tiny! In the pictures of the bar the reception desk and the pool area were taken by a guy standing in the center of the room and just turning in different directions! (I thought that was sort of funny!)

Down side: In my reservation I had asked for a high and a smoking room. Neither of these came through. I was given a room on the 1st floor and the whole building is smoke free. Though I can understand this, it would be helpful had it been mentioned in any of their web sites. In fact there is a check box for it (smoking or non-smoking) in the reservation request form. None of these were a terrible disappointment though and not why I ultimately left, but they did play into it. (And a high room would not have helped any way as you cant see anything out the windows.)

What I really did not like was that the building is situated in an ally block dominated by a business tower and condos. What this effects is that there is no visible "Thai Life" going on pretty much ever. No food carts, off duty bar girls, or junk hawkers at all. I have to say I was surprised at how much I had come to enjoy the sounds of the city and the view of its people going here and there. So for that, the place failed for me. And due also to the situation of the building, you might as well not have a window in your room.

So after one night I left. The poor girl at the front desk could not get her computer to work so I do not even have a finial receipt of the stay! I hope they dont keep charging me past tonight or I will be really mad.

The Darjeeling Boutique

The Skinny: Not a bad place. Very new and very modern. But none of the "Thai atmosphere" being in a ally away from anything interesting. Great place if you want a cool looking room to sleep and nothing else. Flat out no smoking (Which they dont tell you till you get there.)

Location. Beside the Exchange building on Asok Sq. off Suk about 50meters. Go past the exchange to the next ally and look down it. The green thing is it!

Price: Appx 1800 bht

Looks: Place is very clean and new looking.

Experience: Not my cup of tea. (But not bad either!)

Review: After firing the Nana for pissing me off a lot in one day, I found this place by reading this board so I gave it a shot. Booked on line and showed up the next day. The building is newly remodeled and very, very clean. Rooms are a decent size for the small place and very very modern. I really liked how my bath tub looked out a window to the bed! That was cool.

The common / reception area is tiny! In the pictures of the bar the reception desk and the pool area were taken by a guy standing in the center of the room and just turning in different directions! (I thought that was sort of funny!)

Down side: In my reservation I had asked for a high and a smoking room. Neither of these came through. I was given a room on the 1st floor and the whole building is smoke free. Though I can understand this, it would be helpful had it been mentioned in any of their web sites. In fact there is a check box for it (smoking or non-smoking) in the reservation request form. None of these were a terrible disappointment though and not why I ultimately left, but they did play into it. (And a high room would not have helped any way as you cant see anything out the windows.)

What I really did not like was that the building is situated in an ally block dominated by a business tower and condos. What this effects is that there is no visible "Thai Life" going on pretty much ever. No food carts, off duty bar girls, or junk hawkers at all. I have to say I was surprised at how much I had come to enjoy the sounds of the city and the view of its people going here and there. So for that, the place failed for me. And due also to the situation of the building, you might as well not have a window in your room.

So after one night I left. The poor girl at the front desk could not get her computer to work so I do not even have a finial receipt of the stay! I hope they dont keep charging me past tonight or I will be really mad.

TheCorinthian,

Thanks for your review.

I understand your comments. I just spoke to the hotel and told them why did you give a low floor and the smoking issue?

I really wish you would have emailed me/phoned me. I could have sorted this out so easily.

They have high floor rooms available and the non smoking signs in the room are just for show. You can smoke in the room.

I did send the hotel your requests and have told them this is your mistake( Darjelling). Next time read the requests.

Normally under our booking policy, an early check in. You forfeit the money as all money is prepaid to the hotel. Although in this special case, I will refund you the entire stay except for the 1 night stay. I will do the credit on your Amex card on Monday for you.

I will also put this review on the website to show others, as there is lots of good points for others to see.

Tim

Damn Tim, you do not have to go that far. I know I checked out early so I did expect a penalty. Why not charge me for say three nights to make up for the inconvenience? It is a nice place, cheap too. Great for the Soi Cowboy Commando!

The girl at the front desk did try to call someone. I assumed it may have been you or a manager as she was having no luck with the computer.

About the smoking: there is a 12 x 12 inch sign proclaiming no smoking in the building right above the front desk girls head. It says you owe them 2000bht if you try it. So if they are saying you can smoke to you, they are not telling it to the guests.

TheCorinthian,

Thanks for your review.

I understand your comments. I just spoke to the hotel and told them why did you give a low floor and the smoking issue?

I really wish you would have emailed me/phoned me. I could have sorted this out so easily.

They have high floor rooms available and the non smoking signs in the room are just for show. You can smoke in the room.

I did send the hotel your requests and have told them this is your mistake( Darjelling). Next time read the requests.

Normally under our booking policy, an early check in. You forfeit the money as all money is prepaid to the hotel. Although in this special case, I will refund you the entire stay except for the 1 night stay. I will do the credit on your Amex card on Monday for you.

I will also put this review on the website to show others, as there is lots of good points for others to see.

Tim

The "C",

I can't not respond (after my post praising Tim's actions)

You Sir, are a Gentleman....Very few of us left in this World....(Apart from CTO, OH, Tiger, your good self & me!!!...lol)....NOT to mention Tim!!!!

I'm sure you will work out a mutually agreeable solution...

I "tip me hat" to both of you....

It is such a pleasant change to see (a) great customer service in LOS....and (B) someone who appreciates it and does not try to "exploit" it

Cheers mate :beer:

Hope one day I get to "run into you'...at John's place....

Cheers DS

So another hotel with the name "boutique", which means nothing...or does it mean:

"hotel with no-smoking signs that can be ignored".

"hotel windows with a view of a wall".

If I was a an incoming guest, I wouldn't like to be put in a room where someone else just smoked 10 cigs...so it's bad to have no true non-smoking rooms.

Archived