need a bit of financal advice

belfastish

im not great with exchange rates etc,but basically when i was travelling a few weeks ago in thailand the aussie dollar dropped and i spent a lot more than normal,also i was lifting 10k baht at a time and getting charged for it.

im traveling asia on 28th dec for maybe 2-3months and i want to make the best of my money,i will have about 25k au/$ but i also have in a uk account 8k GBP,i know it may change but would it be wiser to use the GBP rather than the aussie dollar?

also i may open an account that doesnt charge to lift money from an atm,i know theres a few banks in uk which doesnt charge but not sure which ones,also could my family open an account for me on my name if im not in that country?

thanks for any replys

Nationwide does not charge a fee for using an atm card abroad....not sure how easy it would be to open an account though if your not a UK resident...also may have to sign etc....as regards currency issues ...things dont look too good for the GB pound at the moment :thumbdown:

Okay, prices have been dropping all morning, which means that everybody is waiting for it to hit rock bottom, so they can buy low. Which means that the people who own the contracts are saying, "Hey, we're losing all our damn money, and Christmas is around the corner, and I ain't gonna have no money to buy my son the G.I. Joe with the kung-fu grip! And my wife ain't gonna make love to me if I got no money!" So they're panicking right now, they're screaming "SELL! SELL!" to get out before the price keeps dropping. They're panicking out there right now, I can feel it.

Good point....I`m not an expert on these matters as you can probably guess....if I could accurately predict currency movements I`d be shacked up with several cuties in Pattaya :sex: :hubba: ,not sat here in Farangland freezing my a**e off.... :sad:

Trouble is in Australia to buy Baht you get hammered on the exchange rate - mush better rate buying it here - which Bettafish can't do till he's here.

If he has a friend he trusts with a Thai bank account he could send A$ to the bank account - it'll get changed at a good rate compered to Australian Banks changing to baht and sending

Archived