dental work

passingthru69

Try Asavanant Dental Clinic on the corner of Sukhumvit & Thonglor (suk Soi 55). Much more up to speed with modern techniques than the Bangkok Dental Hospital or Bumrungrad; most of the clinicians have trained in the US, UK or Europe. There's a web-site you can use to shoot enquiries at them.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been to Asavanant and Thatakit. I would recommend Thantakit. Asavanant is good too and a little cheaper. But Thantakit seems to me a little bit better. One thing i found with the Thai dentists is that they will do the work you ask them to do, but tend not to tell you what you need to have done. So if you have a tooth that hurts they will fix it, but if you need a crown (doesn't hurt) they won't mention it. In any case the thai dentist i've used were so much less expensive that i could justify a trip to the Kingdom, end up spending less, and have a ton of fun.

Thantakit is an easy walk from petchaburi BTS and there is a great little theraputic masssage place one block east. early afternoon deal only 150B for an hour! If you walk you will also pass where the infamous Siam Coffee shop/Mona Lisa massage used to be, recently torn down.

Cheers

Thanks all for the replies.

My wife is trying to get me to go to the local dentist near the family house.

I just worry about the languge issue.

My Thai. is real limited. Her english fairly good, but I worry..

I am planning on having all my teeth just pulled and get dentures..

Am kinda looking at implants,but the cost is putting me off.

I need to see if my dental insurance would cover the work..

Archived