- next one...killed after falling from 11th floor of Pattaya...- next...

Mentors

:deal:

Russian tourist killed after falling from 11th floor of Pattaya hotel

Pattaya, Chon Buri - A Russian tourist fell off the balcony in front of an elevator of a hotel in this seaside town late Monday night and was killed.

Police identified the tourist as Pebdtskry Efrgey, 28.

Police said the man fell from the balcony on the 11th floor of the Adriatic Palace Hotel Pattaya to the third floor at 12:20 am Tuesday.

The man was staying on the 25th floor with his girlfriend, Krayneva Zhann.

Witnesses told police that the two were returning to their room but the accidentally exited the elevator at the 11th floor. While waiting for the elevator, they played and took turn to carry each other and then the man fell down the balcony and was kihttp://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/read.php?newsid=30088112lled.

It's a Russian so I am neither suprised nor sad...as until now I never met a decent Russian.

(read: not racists) so in my case this is not a big loss...careful on vodka tovaritch

Sorry Drogie, but that is pretty cold. For any 28 year old to loose life in such a silly way is just sad.

If I meet a Russian who is not downright racist

(I am sure there are some) I will stick to my ugly opinion -> I met some Muslims who were tolerant

-> I even meet some great people from the Gulf

-> never met a Russian who did not consider me as a "untermensch" simply because of my physical appearance.

Thus I am pretty cold hearted when it comes to Russians...

I have a nephew who a year or so ago spent 6 months in St. Petersburg studying Russian language.

I saw him a few months ago and mentioned that the Russians I had seen in Pattaya all seemed to be always scowling and unfriendly.

He said the Russians have a saying: there are only 2 reasons to smile: if you are stupid or if you are American, and Americans are stupid.

Anyway, I don't know any statistics for Pattaya or any other resort area, but, sure seems like a large number of people die this way in Pattaya.

He said the Russians have a saying: there are only 2 reasons to smile: if you are stupid or if you are American, and Americans are stupid.

Smiling or not smiling is to a large extent due to culture. I'm often told in Thailand that I hardly ever smile but that is not due to me being unhappy. It is just the way I am. I'm definitely suspicious of people who smile all the time. Well if they are from northern Europe anyway. That said I have met several nice Russians in Pattaya.

Drogon's experience with Russians would probably be quite different from mine as I come from a people that look similsr to Russians and our ancesters founded several Russins cities.

regards

ALHOLK

...and our ancesters founded several Russins cities.

I was reading an article, which stated that most people have Kings as their ancesters -- it appears that Kings really got around in the olden days. :grin: I can trace my ancestry to William the Conqueror, related to QE2 even...but it means little.

My Scandinavian ex-colleagues met plenty of nice Russians too but these friends are Scandinavians, they don't look like a Korean.

:(

This was especially obvious to me when I went with my family to Eastern Europe (my grandmother speaks fluent Russian and my mother too) -> they were very nicely treated but not me -> and it has been like that with all Russians I met (but I never had problems with other people in Eastern Europe)

So yes YMMV depending on your skin colour.

Archived