Chinese Bailout Themselves

Steve

Even the Aussies are helping in the American bail out.

US car giants'laugh at Aussie suckers'

THE American owners of local Ford and Holden plants will be laughing at the Australian "suckers" who have handed them a $6.2 billion industry assistance package, former car company executives say.

Expressing disappointment yesterday at the latest industry handout, industry veterans said the money would ultimately end up back in Detroit rather than bolstering needy sectors of the local industry.

Former managing director of Mitsubishi Australia Graham Spurling said the car companies would get a "free ride" from the Rudd Government on research and development, The Australian reports.

Link

R&D, yeah right.

I'm of the opinion that every single company that receives bailout money should have all of their top executives fired as part of the deal.

Putting money right back into the hands of the people who fucked everything up to begin with doesn't make much sense to me.

I agree in principle. The problem is a lot of those companies already fired the CEO that was there at the time.

The board members are still there for the most part though in most cases. They should take a significant part of the blame since they approve the major direction of the companies.

I'm still a little iffy on the bail out stuff. Does anyone know how much of the 700 billion or whatever it is has been spent so far and for what?

Archived